13th August 2017, 01:43 PM
Unregistered

Possibility to write NET for Linguistics if studied MA in Literature?

I have pursued MA in Literature but I want to write NET for Linguistics. Please let me know is it possible for me to write NET for Linguistics without any background of Linguistics?

17th August 2017, 04:30 PM
Ishaquekhan
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Possibility to write NET for Linguistics if studied MA in Literature?

Since you have completed your MA degree course in Literature, you are very much eligible for the NET examination in Linguistics.
Candidates those who have completed their Masters degree in Literature from a recognized University scoring a minimum of 55% of marks in it are eligible to apply for the NET examination in Linguistics.
After qualifying in the examination, you can get admission in different Colleges to opt for the Ph.D course in Linguistics.
17th August 2017, 11:20 PM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Possibility to write NET for Linguistics if studied MA in Literature?

Yes, you are certainly eligible to appear in National Eligibility Test in Linguistics stream after completion of MA in Literature course. The eligibility criteria required to be followed is as follows.

>> Post Graduation or Master's Degree in concerned or its equivalent stream or its related subjects with minimum 55% marks from a recognized university.

>> Your age must not exceed 28 years in order to be eligible for appearing in NET Examination.

>> As you are from Literature background, I am very sure that you are certainly eligible to appear in National Eligibility Test in Linguistics stream.
18th August 2017, 10:01 PM
ahmedfaiyaz
Senior Member+++

Sorry to inform you that it is not possible for a candidate to do PhD in Linguistics if studied MA in Literature.
A candidate who have completed masters degree in any discipline with 55% marks from a recognized university is eligible to do PhD in respective discipline.
So, you can do PhD in Literature but not PhD in Linguistics.
26th August 2017, 12:31 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I have pursued MA in Literature but I want to write NET for Linguistics. Please let me know is it possible for me to write NET for Linguistics without any background of Linguistics?
Yes, after completion of MA in Literature you can apply for UGC NET exam in Linguistics.

But your masters degree marks must be above 55% from a recognized University.

There are no age criteria.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?