2nd March 2018, 12:19 AM
Unregistered

Is it beneficial to do PhD in Economics for MSc candidate?

Hello, I am really confuse about my career. I am a good student and scored more than 60% in all the field. I did 10th, 12th, B.Sc Economics and doing MSc in Economics. I got 67% in Graduation. And I am doing well in M.Sc. My parents are telling me to do PhD course. But, I want to do job now after M.Sc so I want to know that doing PhD gives me any benefits if I do in Economics?

Related Questions:
  1. Is it beneficial to study PhD in Economics for M.Sc(Economics) candidate?
  2. Is it beneficial to study MSc(Economics) for BSc(Economics) student? -- [New]
  3. Is it beneficial to study PhD in Economics through correspondence? -- [Most Discussed]
  4. Should I have to study M.Phil after M.Sc if want to pursue PhD in Economics?
  5. Courses other than PhD for M.A.(Economics) candidate?
  6. Is it beneficial to do PhD(Economics) in Nalanda Open University?
  7. Is it beneficial to study PhD in Social Work for MSc(Sociology) candidate?
  8. Am I eligible to study PhD in Economics being a T.Y.B.Com candidate?
  9. Am I eligible to pursue Ph.D in Agricultural Economics if completed MBA in Agribusiness Management and M.Sc in Agricultural Marketing & Co-operation?
  10. Entrance exams available to study PhD(Economics, Finance and Management) in Cracow University of Economics?
  11. Best college, requirements and duration of PhD Economics? Scope after this course?
  12. How can I apply to do PhD in Economics if secured 55% in M.A.? Advantages of doing PhD in Economics?
  13. Procedure and eligibility to study PhD in Economics in Abroad for M.Sc candidate?
  14. Colleges which offer PhD in Tax/Economics in Mumbai? Scope of study PhD in Tax/Economics?
  15. Professors offering private tuition to PhD(Economics) candidate in International Economics/Youth specialization?
  16. Am I eligible to apply for PhD in Economics after completion of M.Com?
  17. Correspondence universities offering PhD course to a candidate who has secured 55% in M.A.(Economics)?
  18. Whether a CA is eligible to appear in JRF to study PhD in Economics in IIT-Madras?
16th March 2018, 06:25 PM
Ishaquekhan
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is it beneficial to do PhD in Economics for MSc candidate?

Since, you are pursuing M.Sc in Economics, you can opt for Ph.D in Economics after the completion of your Masters degree course.
You must have to score a minimum of 55% of marks in your Masters degree to be eligible for Ph.D course.
Candidates those who have completed their Masters degree in Economics from a recognized University with a minimum of 55% of marks in it are eligible to opt for the Ph.D course in Economics.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?