12th September 2017, 10:24 PM
Unregistered

Best university in between IGNOU and SMU to do M.Phil in Tourism? Procedure to enroll and complete the M.Phil?

Sir, I want to do M.Phil in Tourism in distance mode from IGNOU or SMU. Please tell me which university is best for it? Whole procedure to enroll and complete the M.Phil?

15th September 2017, 09:00 AM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Best university in between IGNOU and SMU to do M.Phil in Tourism? Procedure to enroll and complete the M.Phil?

As far as my best knowledge is concerned, IGNOU (Indira Gandhi National Open University) is the best university between SMU and IGNOU as far as scope of the course is concerned.

There is a certain educational qualification required in order to be eligible for doing M.Phil in Tourism from a good college.

>> You must have done Master's Degree from a recognized university with minimum 55% marks in Post graduation.

>> You must have scored good rank in any of the national level Entrance Examination or else candidates have to appear in entrance examination conducted by IGNOU.

>> Some of the requirements are,
* Completion of the course work
* Certification of Originality of Dissertation work by your supervisor(s).

>> You are required do download the application form given in the below link and fill up the form and the same must be sent to below address.
Director,
Research Unit,
Block-6, Room No-18,
Indira Gandhi National Open University, Maidan Garhi, New Delhi-110068

Click here for Application Form --- Refer Page number 25 for more details
15th September 2017, 06:39 PM
ahmedfaiyaz
Senior Member+++

Default Re: Best university in between IGNOU and SMU to do M.Phil in Tourism? Procedure to enroll and complete the M.Phil?

Let me inform you that both the university IGNOU (Indira Gandhi National Open University) and SMU (Sikkim Manipal University) are good and offer quality distance education. So you can choose any one between these two according to your preference and comfortability. However I would suggest you for IGNOU as it is well known for its distance mode of education and also it's less expensive.
Those candidates who have completed masters degree in Tourism with a minimum of 55% marks from any recognized university are eligible for M.Phil in Tourism course.
In order to take admission for M.Phil course, eligible candidates have to appear and qualify UGC-NET/CSER/JRF entrance examination.
Admission will be granted to the candidates on the basis of merit rank in the entrance test and followed by an interview.
15th September 2017, 10:10 PM
Ishaquekhan
Senior Member+++++

Both the above mentioned Universities are well known and are renowned University which offers M.Phil course in Tourism. According to my opinion, you must go with IGNOU for the above mentioned course.
In order to apply for the M.Phil course at IGNOU, you must have to complete your Masters degree in Tourism from a recognized University scoring a minimum of 55% of marks. After that you must have to qualify in the NET examination. Once after qualifying in the NET examination, you can get admission at IGNOU to opt for M.Phil course
15th September 2017, 10:17 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

For distance mode education, IGNOU is definitely the best option available for you. SMU is not a better option than IGNOU. It has the good number of study centers and you should go for it.

Admission will be on the basis of performance in the entrance exam conducted by IGNOU. Therefore, you should be well prepared for it.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?