22nd February 2015, 12:29 AM
Unregistered

Which is better PhD in Biotechnology or joining any industry to gain experience?

Should i do phd in biotech>?????????????? bcz i was thnkng of joining any industry where i can get growth in next 5 yrs which must be equivalent to doing phd for five yrs and then doing the same job.. I just need some suggestions before I jump into my decision. Waiting for replies soon from everyone. Thanks in advance.

Related Questions:
  1. Procedure to apply for Ph.D course after 3 years of software industry experience?
  2. Colleges and date of form submission for PhD in Biotechnology?
  3. Colleges and last date of submission of application for PhD in Biotechnology?
  4. Is it necessary to have 2-3 months industrial experience for doing PhD at Australia & Germany?
  5. Institutes offering Ph.D in Biotechnology in India through GATE?
  6. Institutions providing Phd in biotechnology in India through GATE
  7. Scope of phd in biotechnology after msc biotechnology? -- [Most Discussed]
  8. How and where can I join PhD in Industrial Biotechnology? Name of institutes and their requirements?
  9. Is it possible to get supervisor for pursuing PhD by research?
  10. Which courses to after BE Mechanical Engineering to get decent jobs?
  11. Salary of a person after completing MSc in Biotech? Is it necessary to give NET entrance exam to get a well paid job?
  12. How may I get admission in Germany for MS course after completing B.Tech Biotech and gaining two year work experience in Biotech industry?
  13. Which course is a better choice for me between M.Tech in Biotechnology and M.Tech in Environmental Technology having completed B.Tech in Biotechnology and with 3 years of experience in Food Processing Industry?
  14. How can I join Ph.D in Mathematics being a candidate having completed BE in Information Science and with 7 years of work experience in Software Industry?
  15. What are the jobs in Biotechnology after completing MSc Biotechnology
  16. Can I register for Ph.D without having Masters Degree and having 30 years of work experience with Vegetable reputable organization in the Apparel Export Industry?
  17. Eligibility for PhD in Pharma Biotechnology from USA?
  18. PhD notification regarding PhD in Biotechnology?
24th February 2015, 09:13 PM
SudeepKumarSaha
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which is better PhD in Biotechnology or joining any industry to gain experience?

You should take the decision as per your future goal. If you want to pursue higher studies and get into research field or teaching field, then doing PhD is an ideal decision. Otherwise you can go for job, gain some years of work experience and then opt for higher studies. You can also get into the research and development without PhD degree if you perform very well in the service period. You can go for PhD now if you get chance in a good institute or get a good guide. Hence the decision should be taken as per your present condition and your future goal and interest.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?