6th October 2017, 11:12 PM
Unregistered

Both GATE and JRF exam are required to get admission in PhD at NITK Mangalore?

Hello, I have completed M.Sc in Chemistry from University of Mangalore and now planning to pursue PhD. Is it necessary to write GATE or JRF exams to do PhD in NITK Mangalore? How to get admission?

8th October 2017, 07:38 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Both GATE and JRF exam are required to get admission in PhD at NITK Mangalore?

You can apply for Ph.D admission without GATE and JRF ecam surely, but chances of admission will be lesser at reputed universities, if you don't have any professional experience or research experience.

Admission at low ranked universities is not an issue without GATE and JRF, but at reputed institutes, it will matter a lot. Hence, academic credentials definitely matters the most, when getting admission at top institutions.
9th October 2017, 11:55 AM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Both GATE and JRF exam are required to get admission in PhD at NITK Mangalore?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hello, I have completed M.Sc in Chemistry from University of Mangalore and now planning to pursue PhD. Is it necessary to write GATE or JRF exams to do PhD in NITK Mangalore? How to get admission?

Either GATE or NET qualified candidates are eligible to get admission in PhD at NITK Mangalore. Candidates have to appear for the Written Aptitude Test (WAT) and Interview for taking admission to the PhD program at NITK Mangalore. Selection of candidates is based upon the academic performance in the qualifying examinations, written aptitude test and interview. Therefore, either GATE or Net qualification is required for getting admission to study PhD at NITK Mangalore. The NITK Mangalore website link is Click Here
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?