16th October 2017, 11:34 PM
Unregistered

Can a CA holder pursue PhD? What is the PhD duration, module and structure?

Sir, I have completed CA four years ago and now interested to do PhD. Please tell me CA holder eligible to do PhD? What is the PhD duration, module and structure?

Related Questions:
  1. Duration of PhD course? Doing M.Phil before PhD will effect the duration of PhD?
  2. Course structure and duration of PhD(Microbiology) in Shoolini University?
  3. Course structure and duration of PhD(History of Arts) in Panjab University?
  4. Course structure and duration of PhD(Social Sciences) in NIT-Mizoram?
  5. Course structure and duration of PhD(Mechanical Engineering) in NERIST, Itanagar?
  6. Course structure and duration of PhD(Gas Dynamics) in Delhi University?
  7. Can I do Ph.D course after MCA?
  8. Course structure and duration of PhD(Physiology) in Vallabhbhai Patel Chest Institute?
  9. Course structure and duration of PhD(Social Work) in Vikrama Simhapuri University?
  10. Course structure and duration of PhD(Chemical Sciences) in Siddaganga Institute of Technology?
  11. Duration of regular PhD after clearing NET and JRF?
  12. Course structure and duration of PhD(Culture Media and Governance) in Jamia Millia Islamia?
  13. Course structure and duration of PhD(Social Sciences) in Martin Luther Christian University?
  14. Course structure and duration of PhD(Bioresources and Biotechnology) in TERI School of Advanced Studies?
  15. Course structure and duration of PhD(Corporate Secretaryship) in Dhanraj Baid Jain College, Chennai? -- [New]
  16. Course structure and duration of PhD(Islamic Studies) in Baba Ghulam Shah Badshah University?
  17. List of institutes with fee structure which offer Integrated PhD in Physics for B.Sc 1st year candidate? Course duration and entrance exams to get admission?
  18. How can I go for PhD in Mathematics after 12th? Duration of course? In how many streams can I do PhD? -- [Most Discussed]
17th October 2017, 09:22 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can a CA holder pursue PhD? What is the PhD duration, module and structure?

No, CA is not considered a qualification for Ph.D admission by UGC. CA is a professional qualification and it can help you get job in your own domain.

For Ph.D admission, you must have a UGC recognized PG degree with 55% marks. Those who have professional degree like B.Tech, MBBS can also apply for Ph.D admission.
18th October 2017, 05:50 PM
ahmedfaiyaz
Senior Member+++

Default Re: Can a CA holder pursue PhD? What is the PhD duration, module and structure?

First of all let me tell you that CA is not equivalent to master's degree and in order to be eligible for PhD course, it is mandatory for a candidate to have masters degree with a minimum of 55% in it. But many universities consider CA as equivalent to master's degree only for the purpose of eligibility criteria for applying for PhD.
But you can not appear for UGC NET examination as it requires to a candidate to have completed master's degree with a minimum of 55% marks from a recognized university.
To get the complete details regarding duration, module, etc., kindly visit https://www.icai.org/.
Kindly visit the below given link to get the list of universities recognizing CA qualification for pursuing PhD;
https://resource.cdn.icai.org/26417bos15829.pdf
18th October 2017, 07:55 PM
yogeshsharma3047
Senior Member+++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sir, I have completed CA four years ago and now interested to do PhD. Please tell me CA holder eligible to do PhD? What is the PhD duration, module and structure?

Yes, you are eligible to apply for Ph.D after completing your CA (Charted Accountants), because minimum qualification required to apply for Ph.D course is post graduate degree and CA is also equivalent to post graduate degree. Here below are details regarding PH.D Course:-

>> For Ph.D applicant must have done post graduate degree or equivalent qualification (That is CA degree) from government recognized institute.

>> For Ph.D course applicant must have scored at least 55% marks in post graduate degree.

>> To get admission in Ph.D you must have clear NET (National Eligibility Test) conducted by UGC.

>> For more details please visit www.icai.org.
18th October 2017, 08:37 PM
Ishaquekhan
Senior Member+++++

I am very sorry to inform you that you cannot pursue Ph.D course after the completion of your CA course as CA is not regarded as the Masters degree course. You must have to complete your Masters degree first in the relevant field in order to opt for the Ph.D course.
Candidates those who have completed their Masters degree in the relevant filed from a recognized University scoring a minimum of 55% of marks in it are eligible to apply for the Ph.D course.
The duration of the Ph.D course is around 2 to 5 years.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?