26th July 2015, 06:51 PM
Unregistered

Can I apply for UGC-NET if secured 60% in M.Ed and pursuing M.A. in Sociology?

Hello Sir,
I have passed M.Ed with 60% and pursuing M.A. in Sociology. I want to know that can I apply for UGC-NET? Please reply to me as soon as possible. Thank you!

27th July 2015, 06:54 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I apply for UGC-NET if secured 60% in M.Ed and pursuing M.A. in Sociology?

M.Ed is not applicable for UGC NET. You have to complete your masters degree to become eligible for this exam and also make sure that you have got at least 55% marks in your masters in sociology.

M.Ed will only make you eligible for exams like TET which is for becoming teacher in government schools.
27th July 2015, 09:16 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I apply for UGC-NET if secured 60% in M.Ed and pursuing M.A. in Sociology?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hello Sir,
I have passed M.Ed with 60% and pursuing M.A. in Sociology. I want to know that can I apply for UGC-NET? Please reply to me as soon as possible. Thank you!
You have completed M.Ed with 60% so you are eligible for UGC NET exam.

NET stands for National Eligibility Test. This exam is conducted by UGC.

The educational qualification required for NET exam is masters degree from a recognized university with above 55% marks. 5% relaxation is given for SC/ST category candidates. Final year student are also eligible for NET exam.

There is no age criteria for NET exam but for JRF posts, your age should be below 28 years.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?