24th June 2016, 01:23 AM
Socilogy

Can I become a Professor being a Sociology post graduate with 52.25% from Nalanda Open University?

Sir,
From Nalanda Open University I have done M.A.(Sociology and secured 52.25% marks. I would like to know that can I become a Professor or not? Waiting for your reply!

Related Questions:
  1. Nalanda Open University-BA in Sociology Part III Exam - Download Previous Years Question Papers
  2. Nalanda Open University-BA in Sociology Introduction to Sociology Exam - Download Previous Years Question Papers
  3. Nalanda Open University MA in Sociology-Part I-Theoretical Perspectives in Sociology (Paper II) Exam - Download Previous Years Question Papers
  4. Nalanda Open University MA in Sociology-Part I-Perspectives of Indian Society (Paper IV) Exam - Download Previous Years Question Papers
  5. Can I get stipend to do PhD in Nalanda Open University? Possibility to become a Professor?
  6. Nalanda Open University MA in Sociology-Part I-Classical Sociological Tradition (Paper I) Exam - Download Previous Years Question Papers
  7. Nalanda Open University MA in Sociology-Part I-Methodology of Social Research (Paper III) exam - Download Previous Years Question Papers
  8. Which institute enroll's students for higher studies through correspondence?
  9. List of all 10th based diploma courses? -- [Most Discussed]
  10. List of recognized B.Ed correspondence courses? I am working women and have no experience in teaching
  11. Nalanda Open University-BA in Sociology (Part II) Paper-II (Foundation of Sociological Thoughts) Exam - Download Previous Years Question Papers
  12. Names of the institutes which are NCTE recognized?
  13. What to choose after finishing BSc Maths between B.Ed or MSc? What are the job opportunities?
  14. Assistant Professor qualification issue with the university
  15. How to proceed for distance education in PG in History?
  16. Tamil Nadu Open University MA Sociology First Year Exam - Download Previous Years Question Papers
  17. How to take admission in B.Ed after scoring 49% in B.A?
  18. How to do MSc mathematics after doing BCA?
25th June 2016, 06:10 PM
Jits56
Senior Member++++

Default Re: Can I become a Professor being a Sociology post graduate with 52.25% from Nalanda Open University?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Socilogy View Post
Sir,
From Nalanda Open University I have done M.A.(Sociology and secured 52.25% marks. I would like to know that can I become a Professor or not? Waiting for your reply!

To become an Assistant Professor you need to clear the NET.
The eligibility to appear for NET is Master’s Degree with a minimum of 55% marks.
So it is not possible for you to appear for NET, so it is not possible to become Professor with 52.25% in Post Graduation.
You can join in some of the private institutions which don’t required NET eligibility for the post of Lecturer or Tutor. Some private self financing colleges may recruit without NET also; you can try for those types of institutions.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?