17th July 2015, 11:33 AM
Unregistered

Can I do Ph.D course after completion of BA History and M.Sc IT course?

I Have done B.A-history and after M.Sc. IT by distance with 1st class from Annamalai university. Should i go for PHD course. What are the options are there? Can someone please let me know what should be done now? Awaiting for the answer soon.

Related Questions:
  1. Possibility to study PhD in History for a candidate who has secured 53% in M.A.(History)?
  2. Can I do Ph.D course after completion of BA History and M.Sc IT course? -- [New]
  3. Eligibility to study PhD in History for a candidate who has secured 60% in M.A. in History?
  4. How can I get admission to study PhD in History if completed M.A.?
  5. List of the distance universities offering Ph.D in Archaeology for M.A. in History and Heritage Management degree holder?
  6. How to do PhD in History?
  7. Which are the government colleges offering a dual degree program? Complete details about the course?
  8. Is M.Phil mandatory before PhD?
  9. Can I do Ph.D in History after scoring 50% marks in M.A History? What is the eligibility for Ph.D in History?
  10. All the latest and upcoming opportunities for PhD in History?
  11. Am I eligible to do Ph.D course after completion of M.Sc in Electronics?
  12. Should I have to pursue M.Phil to study PhD after completing M.A.(History)?
  13. Detailed information about PhD(History) program in Calcutta University? Is there any scholarship available to study PhD?
  14. What is Integrated PhD? Duration of Integrated PhD? is it more preferable then doing MSc and PhD separately? -- [Most Discussed]
  15. Am I eligible to do PhD after completion of MBA being in CA articleship?
  16. Minimum marks required in M.Phil to study PhD in History? Total fee and age limit to do PhD?
  17. Is it possible to do MSc IT after B.A? What is the eligibility for MSc IT? I have done my B.A this year and my subjects are Hindi, History and Sociology
  18. List of the universities along with their admission procedure offering Ph.D course? I have done MA in history with 62% marks
17th July 2015, 05:23 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I do Ph.D course after completion of BA History and M.Sc IT course?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I Have done B.A-history and after M.Sc. IT by distance with 1st class from Annamalai university. Should i go for PHD course. What are the options are there? Can someone please let me know what should be done now? Awaiting for the answer soon.
You have completed M.Sc in IT from distance education so you are eligible for Ph.D course but you must have valid UGC NET or GATE score card.

GATE stands for Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering.

If you have Bachelor’s degree in Engineering/Technology or Architecture/Design or its equivalent or masters degree in science department then are eligible for GATE exam. There are no restriction for attempts in GATE exam.You can apply any number of time. There is no age criteria but your minimum age must be above 18 years.

NET stands for National Eligibility Test.

The educational qualification required for NET exam is masters degree from a recognized university with above 55% marks. 5% relaxation is given for SC/ST category candidates. Final year student are also eligible for NET exam. There is no age criteria for NET exam but for JRF posts, your age should be below 28 years.
18th July 2015, 05:54 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I do Ph.D course after completion of BA History and M.Sc IT course?

If you have got 55% marks in your M.Sc IT then surely you are eligible for PH.D admission. Just make sure that you have got your degree from recognized university and also you will be eligible for PH.D in IT stream only.

Distance mode degree is also eligible for PH.D but you must have the qualification from a recognized distance mode university. You need to crack exam and interview to get admission in a reputed college.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?