7th July 2015, 03:08 PM
Unregistered

Can I study Distance PhD in Sociology if completed MCA and having 10 years worked experience? List of universities for admission?

Hi,
I have completed MCA. I have worked in IT industry for last 10 years. Now, I would like to do Research in Social related issue. Can I do PhD in Sociology through Distance Education. If so, what are the universities are there?

Related Questions:
  1. Possibility to get admission to study PhD if completed B.E. about 18 years ago and having 5 years of worked experience?
  2. Universities offering PhD in Sociology course through Distance Learning in India? Eligibility to get admission?
  3. List of universities which offer PhD in Computer Technology to M.Tech candidate who has 7 years of Lectureship experience? Eligibility to get admission?
  4. Detailed admission procedure to study Distance PhD in HR for a candidate who has 8 years of work experience?
  5. List of the universities offering Ph.D in Hindi through distance learning
  6. How may I do my Ph.D in Germany or Switzerland? I've completed M.Sc in Microbiology and 2 years experience in Research and Development
  7. How can I study PhD in Technology if completed MCA and having 5 years of experience in IT Industry?
  8. List of universities which offer PhD in Sociology in Kerala
  9. List of distance engineering universities in which I can apply after completing diploma in Civil Engineering course? -- [Most Discussed]
  10. List of universities which offer Distance PhD in Chemistry for 39 years postgraduate in India?
  11. Possibility to study M.Com for 39 years old candidate who has 17 years of work experience?
  12. List of universities which offer PhD in Management course to MBA postgraduate who has work experience?
  13. How can I do M.Phil or PhD through distance learning? Universities and study centres in West Bengal for doing M.Phil and PhD through distance education mode?
  14. List of universities in Bihar offering Ph.D in computer? I've completed MCA
  15. Can I study PhD in English if having 23 years of Teaching experience? List of Universities in Karnataka?
  16. What is teh qualification for doing Ph.D?
  17. In which entrance exam I have to appear for studying PhD(Computer Science) in Abroad with scholarship? List of universities for admission?
  18. Procedure to get admission to study B.Com in IGNOU for a candidate who has 4 years of worked experience after 12th?
15th July 2015, 06:31 AM
ArunavaBasu
Senior Member++++

Default Re: Can I study Distance PhD in Sociology if completed MCA and having 10 years worked experience? List of universities for admission?

PhD is a Degree given for Research Oriented work and there is no stipulated time period for PhD.
You can do the PhD in a Part Time Mode which is equivalent to the Distance Mode.
You need to report to your guide at least twice every month with the work that you have done for your research work.
If you are having 55% in your Masters Degree you need to clear the NET Examination and then you can get admitted to the course of Part Time PhD.
The List of University where you can pursue the course of PhD in Sociology is:
1. Jawaharlal Nehru University - New Delhi
2. Punjab University - Chandigarh, Punjab
3. Nayagarh Autonomous College - Nayagarh, Orissa
4. Guru Nanak Dev University - Amritsar, Punjab
So try and get admitted into one of these Universities.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?