2nd March 2018, 12:23 AM
Unregistered

Can I study PhD in Technology after completing M.Tech in Information Technology?

Sir, I am studying M.Tech in Aurangabad with the specialization of Information Technology. I would like to know that I can eligible to do PhD in Technology after my M.Tech?

Related Questions:
  1. How to do Ph.D in Information Technology after doing Bachlor of Information Technology
  2. Is it possible for me to do PhD in Computer Science or Information Technology?
  3. Eligibility to study MTech(Electronics and Communication Engineering) in Mumbai Institute of Information Technology for BTech(CSE) student? -- [New]
  4. Eligibility to study PhD(Information Technology) in Amity University, Lucknow?
  5. Topics to choose in PhD for Information Technology candidate
  6. Eligibility to study PhD(Food Technology) in College of Technology & Engineering?
  7. Can I study PhD(Information Management) after completing MTech in Electrical Engineering?
  8. Admission procedure to study PhD(Information Technology) in SRM Institute of Science and Technology, Kattankulathur?
  9. Which colleges can I get admission in Delhi or Noida having done MCA from UPTU and secured 74%?
  10. Is it necessary to study IT in 12th standard to study further BSc(IT)?
  11. What should I study further after completing Diploma in Information Technology?
  12. Benefits of studying PhD(Information Technology) for M.Tech student?
  13. Entrance exams available to study MTech(Bio Pharmaceutical Technology) in Anna University, Chennai?
  14. List of good institutes for doing BE in Civil Engineering(Part time) in Mumbai -- [Most Discussed]
  15. Course structure and duration of PhD(Information Technology) in SRM Institute of Science and Technology, Kattankulathur?
  16. Eligibility to study MTech(Bio Pharmaceutical Technology) in Anna University, Chennai?
  17. Can I pursue MBA in Information Technology after completing BBA? What are the job scopes after completing MBA in Information Technology?
  18. Topics available to study PhD for Food Technology student?
15th March 2018, 04:05 PM
Ishaquekhan
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I study PhD in Technology after completing M.Tech in Information Technology?

Yes, definitely you can opt for Ph.D course in Technology after the completion of M.Tech in Information Technology as you are very much eligible for the same.
Candidates those who have completed their Masters degree in the field of information Technology from a recognized University with a minimum of 55% of marks in it are eligible to opt for the Ph.D course in Technology.
15th March 2018, 05:22 PM
Doctor Tom
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I study PhD in Technology after completing M.Tech in Information Technology?

Yes, definitely you can pursue PhD in technology after completing your Masters course in technology and these are the colleges:

Desh Bhagat University, Punjab

College of Engineering and Technology Bhubaneswar, Odisha.

Amity University, Mumbai.

Amity Institute of Information Technology, Uttar Pradesh.

Government Nagarjuna post graduate College of Science, Chhattisgarh.

Guru Kashi University, Punjab
15th March 2018, 05:27 PM
shahi jee
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you can do PhD in Technology after completing your M.Tech with specialization of Information Technology.

To pursue PhD, eligibility criteria are:-

Candidate must have completed Master's degree in any stream with at least 50% of marks from any recognized University.
15th March 2018, 05:58 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you can apply for admission in Ph.D based on your M.Tech degree. Just make sure that you have got at least 55% marks from a recognized university in your M.Tech degree.

Admission will be on the basis of merit through entrance exam and interview conducted by the concerned university.
15th March 2018, 06:05 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are eligible to pursue PhD course after completing your Mtech and to pursue PhD have to qualify the UGC NET examination.

Universities to pursue PhD in Technology

Government Nagarjuna post graduate College of Science, Chhattisgarh.

Hindustan Institute of Technology and Sciences, Chennai.

Indira Gandhi Delhi Technological University for women, Delhi.

International Institute of Information Technology, Maharashtra.
15th March 2018, 11:23 PM
Careeradviser
Senior Member+

Yes, you can study PhD. in Technology after completing M.Tech in Information Technology. You need to score at least 55% of marks in M.Tech to be eligible for PhD. in Technology.

Eligibility Criteria:

- > The aspirant must completed M.Tech/M.E in Information and Communication Technology from recognized institute/university.

-> The aspirant must score at least 55% of marks at Master degree level.

- The aspirant must appear and qualified in any one of the national level entrance exam below,

- > GATE (Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering)
-> CSIR JRF (Council of Scientific & Industrial Research)
-> UGC JRF (Junior Research Fellowship)

Aspirant will be selected based on the entrance exam performance. Entrance exam will be held during the month of June/July.

Colleges Offering PhD in Technology:

Vel Tech Rangarajan Dr.Sagunthala R&D Institute of Science and Technology
Address: 400 feet Outer Ring Road, Avadi, Chennai, Tamil Nadu 600062
Phone: 1800 3070 6949

Amrita Vishwa Vidyapeetham  
Address: Amritanagar, Ettimadai, Coimbatore, Tamil Nadu 641112
Phone: 0422 268 5000

University of Kerala
Address: Senate House Campus, Palayam, Thiruvananthapuram, Kerala 695034
Phone: 0471 230 5994
16th March 2018, 03:59 PM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

Eligibility Criteria Required to pursue PhD in Technology course:

As far as my best knowledge is concerned, you are eligible to pursue PhD in Technology course after successful completion of M.Tech in Information Technology course. The basic educational qualification required is as follows,

>> You must have completed Master's Degree in concerned stream with minimum 55% marks or more than that to be eligible.

>> As you are from Master's in Technology, you can pursue doctoral program and there will be relaxation in percentage for reserved category candidates.

>> Besides this you rare required to appear in any of the below mentioned entrance examinations.
* CSIR JRF
* UGC JRF
* GATE
* DBT JRF..etc.,

>> The final selection generally depends on the marks secured in Entrance Examination and Interview/ viva-voce. Besides this you are required to meet the concerned college's entrance examination.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?