16th October 2017, 11:34 PM
Unregistered

Can a M.Sc Microbiology student appear in NET/ SET exams before submission of synopsis/ thesis?

Sir, I am currently doing M.Sc Microbiology and have already appeared & cleared my papers but have not submitted my thesis yet. Can I appear in NET/ SET exams before I submitted synopsis/ thesis?

17th October 2017, 10:40 PM
ahmedfaiyaz
Senior Member+++

Default Re: Can a M.Sc Microbiology student appear in NET/ SET exams before submission of synopsis/ thesis?

Yes, definitely you can appear in NET/SET examination after completion of your M.Sc Microbiology course.
Those candidates who have completed masters degree in Microbiology with a minimum of 55% marks from a recognized university are eligible to do PhD in the relevant discipline by appearing and qualifying NET examination.
Candidates who are appearing for the final year of the qualifying examination are also eligible to appear in NET/SET examination.
18th October 2017, 12:34 AM
Ishaquekhan
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can a M.Sc Microbiology student appear in NET/ SET exams before submission of synopsis/ thesis?

I am very much happy to tell you that definitely an M.Sc Microbiology candidate can appear in the NET/SET examination after the completion of the said course. Final Year candidates are also eligible to appear in the said examination.
Candidates those who have completed their Masters degree in the relevant field from a recognized University with a minimum of 55% of marks in it are eligible to appear in the NET/SET examination.
18th October 2017, 08:50 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you can appear for NET/SET, if you have got M.Sc degree in microbiology with 55% marks. You just need to have the minimum qualification to appear for it. Also, age limit is only for JRF, for lectureship there is no upper age limit.

Hence, just be prepared for the exam because synopsis or thesis has nothing to do with SET/NET appearing.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?