21st January 2013, 12:22 PM
vaishalishahu

What is the criteria for Ph.D entrance? I have passed M.A English

what is the critaria for enterance of P.H.D.?I Have passed M.A.English through distance education.Am i eligible for P.H.D?

30th August 2014, 05:42 PM
ChakrabortyP
Senior Member++++

Default Re: What is the criteria for Ph.D entrance? I have passed M.A English

Yes, you are eligible for Ph.D. Any Ph.D programme consists of thesis writing, research and presentation. As far as eligibility is concerned, you need to have Masters Degree in the relevant field. There will be presentation of Thesis Topic and interview conducted by specific institutes after the entrance exam results. In some cases, you need to be NET cleared also. Here are the list of institutes where you can take Ph.D course in same stream.
You should atleast complete masters degree with minimum 55 per cent. You also need to complete UGC Net exam. At some universities, they conduct written tests along with interview. You also need to submit a thesis synopsis with the guide. For Ph.d, going by the UGC rules, candidates has to clear entrance exam like NET and then an interview for getting admitted to Ph.D program. As part of the curriculum, student needs to complete course work for requisite credits. You also need to complete the credits through coursework, a formal proposal of synopsis devised with consultation of the guide.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?