27th November 2016, 02:15 PM
Unregistered

Can a Nepali resident studying M.Sc Physics in India sit in NET/ CSIR exams?

Hello sir, I am pursuing M.Sc Physics course in India but I am a Nepali student. I want to apply for JRF so, that I can do Ph.D in India. Am I eligible to sit in NET/ CSIR exams? If, not then which kind of competitive exams will I have to write for he same?

Related Questions:
  1. Can I get any scholarship to study B.Sc Agriculture from India being a Nepali candidate?
  2. How much does it cost to pursue M.Sc in Physics in top universities in India? What will be the fee structure for Ph.D in Chemistry? Will there be any scholarships available for Nepali candidates?
  3. Can I do M.Tech after M.Sc Physics or CSIR NET? Which one is better option
  4. Am I eligible to appear in CSIR/UGC NET if studying M.Sc in Geoinformatics?
  5. Eligiblity to appear in CSIR-NET for B.Sc in Physics and M.Sc in Electronics student?
  6. Am I eligible for CSIR NET Entrance Exam being a candidate of pursuing M.Sc in Physics?
  7. In which subject M.Sc has to be done to sit in CSIR UGC NET Earth Atmospheric Ocean and Planetary Science?
  8. Eligibility to apply in CSIR-NET(Physics) for M.Sc(Electronic Science) student?
  9. Procedure to do M.Tech from IIT? Can Nepali students sit for GATE exam?
  10. Information about UGC NET and SCIR NET exam
  11. Eligibility to apply in CSIR-NET for MCA postgraduate?
  12. Difference between CSIR and UGC-NET examination? -- [Most Discussed]
  13. Can I appear for CSIR NET exam after completing MSc Physics with 61.5% from recognized university?
  14. How to apply for NET/JRF/CSIR after studying MSc(Integrated Biotechnology
  15. Eligibility to appear in CSIR/UGC NET for B.Sc graduate?
  16. Am I eligible to appear for CSIR/JRF NET exam for Life Sciences after doing MSc?
  17. M.Sc Physics student can write CSIR in Earth Science?
  18. Whether an M.Sc(Physics/Chemistry/Mathematics) candidate is eligible to appear in CSIR-UGC-NET in Earth, Atmospheric, Ocean and Planetary Science?
29th November 2016, 08:35 PM
Ishaquekhan
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can a Nepali resident studying M.Sc Physics in India sit in NET/ CSIR exams?

Yes, definitely a Nepali resident can apply for NET/CSIR examination, there must be no problem in it.
Since you are pursuing M.Sc in Physics, after the completion of the course, you are definitely eligible for the NET examination.
You must have scored a minimum of 55% of marks in M.Sc in order to be eligible for the above said examination.
30th November 2016, 11:16 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can a Nepali resident studying M.Sc Physics in India sit in NET/ CSIR exams?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hello sir, I am pursuing M.Sc Physics course in India but I am a Nepali student. I want to apply for JRF so, that I can do Ph.D in India. Am I eligible to sit in NET/ CSIR exams? If, not then which kind of competitive exams will I have to write for he same?
Yes, you are eligible for CSIR NET exam. If you have scored good in CSIR NET exam then you are eligible for Ph.D course.

Those candidates who have completed BS-4 years program/BE/B. Tech/B. Pharma/ MBBS/ Integrated BS-MS/M.Sc or Equivalent degree with at least 55% marks are eligible for CSIR NET exam.

Your age should be below 28 years.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?