17th April 2017, 11:15 AM
Unregistered

Chances to do research in Sociology without doing M.Phil?

Hello sir, I am MA in Sociology holder and want to do research. I heard M.Phil is three years course. Is there any chance to do research without doing M.Phil?

Related Questions:
  1. How to study M.Phil in distance education? I have completed MCA
  2. How can I apply for Ph.D or M.Phil in Sociology
  3. Aspects of Mycobacteria/Tuberculosis as M.Phil research topic?
  4. Madurai Kamaraj University MA in Sociology-Research Methods in Sociology (Paper-III) Exam – Download Previous Year’s Question Papers
  5. Courses available in Geography after B.A in JNU, BHU and DU? Procedure to apply for these colleges?
  6. Which topic and university is best for research after MA Sociology? Expenditure for research purpose?
  7. Possibility to study PhD in Sociology along with job in any Research Organization for UGC-NET qualified candidate?
  8. Where a PhD holder can get admission in M.Phil?
  9. What are the chances to study medicine if I previously studied biology, chemistry and sociology
  10. Can I do Ph.D in Sociology having completed Graduation in Commerce and M.A. in Sociology?
  11. Syllabus for Law and governance entrance test in JNU?
  12. Eligibility to pursue Ph.D in Sociology for retired workman?
  13. University offering M.Phil in Human Rights? At what basis I can do M.Phil?
  14. When should I apply for part time M.Phil course?
  15. Kuvempu University-MA in Sociology-Research Methodology (Paper II) Exam - Download Previous Years Question Papers
  16. Information about M.Phil Environmental Science course? Fee structure of the course?
  17. Dr. Babasaheb Ambedkar Open University- FGP-02 India of My Dreams Exam – Download Previous Year’s Question Papers
  18. Which is better to take whether Management subjects or Commerce subjects for NET exam conducted by UGC? -- [Most Discussed]
19th April 2017, 02:30 PM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Chances to do research in Sociology without doing M.Phil?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hello sir, I am MA in Sociology holder and want to do research. I heard M.Phil is three years course. Is there any chance to do research without doing M.Phil?

Yes, you can do PhD in Sociology after completion of MA Sociology course without doing M.Phil. The eligibility to pursue PhD in Sociology is a Master’s Degree in Sociology with at least 55% marks or equivalent CGPA. The selection of the candidates will be done through an entrance test and interview conducted by the University. Those who have qualified NET/SET/SLET shall be exempted from the PhD Entrance Test. You can study the course in the following universities

University of Delhi - Official Website

Jamia Millia Islamia - Official Website

Pondicherry University - Official Website

University of Hyderabad - Official Website
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?