9th January 2014, 01:44 AM
Unregistered

Eligibility and age limit for JEST? Salary of Astronomer? Other ways to become Astronomer?

I am doing electrical engineering ,mpec ,kanpur.i want to become astronomer and persue research in astronomy.am i eligible for giving JEST exam and join p.hd course in physics from reputed college. also tell me age limit for giving JEST exam. also tell the salary of an astronomer.
is there any other way to become astronomer ..i.e with out giving JEST exam.

Related Questions:
29th January 2014, 08:38 PM
ExpertAnswers
Senior Member+++

Default Re: Eligibility and age limit for JEST? Salary of Astronomer? Other ways to become Astronomer?

Astronomy is a good subject which involves the study of various subjects such as Chemistry,Geology,Mathematics and Physics,Biology and paleontology and more.I recommend you to get command over the subjects like Physics and Mathematics.
The skills of a astronomers need good Scientific writing,Public speaking and computer skills and more.

The eligibility criteria for a JEST(Joint Entrance Screening Test) is given you as below.There are various streams in Ph.D Programme,they are Physics,Integrated M.Sc/M.Tech-Ph.D programme,Integrated Ph.D Programme at IISER,Theoretical computer science/Neuroscience,and more.

The minimum age eligible for the Joint Entrance screening test is 21 years and the maximum age can be allowed up to 30 years.Of course there will be an age relaxation for the reserved candidates.The examination paper would be very tough to answer.So you will need to give your highest effort to qualify the exam.

Bachelor and Masters degrees such as M.Sc in Physics,M.E/M.Tech,M.Sc Mathematics,B.Tech in Physics/applied physics,Post B.Sc,M.C.A in Computer science and related disciplines,B.Sc (Physics),M.Sc Aplied physics,Post B.Sc Hons,B.Sc Physics and Mathematics are the basic qualification for the Joint Entrance screening test.

In the Astronomy field,it is required to get some working experience.For that you need to work as a Research Fellow.So that you would expect very much good career in your field.The salary range basically depends on the Seniority and working experience.It may range from Rs.64,000 to Rs.96,000 per month.
24th September 2014, 12:28 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: Eligibility and age limit for JEST? Salary of Astronomer? Other ways to become Astronomer?

How can an iaf officer be an astronomer?
How can he be a scientist in isro?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?