1st July 2015, 07:00 PM
Unregistered

Eligibility criteria for doing Ph.D. in Computer Science field?

I have done my MCA from IGNOU. I want to do Ph.D. in Computer Science. Please tell me the eligibility criteria?

Related Questions:
  1. Eligibility for PhD in Computer Science or Computer Application? Which university is providing these courses? -- [Most Discussed]
  2. What I need to do to get registered for PhD in Computer Science? Which UGC recognized universities I can register with?
  3. Detailed information, eligibility criteria and syllabus of PhD(Computer Science) entrance exam conducted by Osmania University?
  4. Eligibility criteria for PhD in Mathematics after MCA?
  5. Eligibility criteria for PhD in AI and Robotics from IISC?
  6. Eligibility criteria to join PhD in AI and Robotics?
  7. How can I get admission to study PhD in Computer Science? Qualification required to get admission?
  8. Eligibility criteria for doing Ph.D. in Computer Science field? -- [New]
  9. Is there any option to do PhD in Mathematics? What is the eligibility criteria?
  10. Universities offering research based course in Computer Science? Eligibility criteria of the course and how to apply for it?
  11. Can I do Ph.D in Computer Science after completing MS?
  12. Previous papers of Computer Science for PhD eligibility test of Osmania university?
  13. Can I do PhD if secured 56% in B.Sc and 53.9% in M.Sc(Computer Science)?
  14. How can I download the application form of PhD(Computer Science) entrance exam conducted by Kurukshetra University? Eligibility criteria, cost of application form, last date of form submission and date of examination?
  15. Entrance exams to study PhD in Computer Science in Abroad for M.Tech(CSE) candidate?
  16. New topics for PhD in Computer Science
  17. PhD in Computer Science is possible to do from IGNOU or not?
  18. Eligibility to do PhD in Computer Science for MCA postgraduate?
2nd July 2015, 01:26 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Eligibility criteria for doing Ph.D. in Computer Science field?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I have done my MCA from IGNOU. I want to do Ph.D. in Computer Science. Please tell me the eligibility criteria?
You have completed MCA degree from IGNOU so you are eligible for Ph.D course in Computer Science.

Those candidates who have completed masters degree from a recognized university with above 55% marks are eligible for Ph.D course.

There is no age criteria.
2nd July 2015, 07:40 PM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are eligible to do Ph.D in Computer Science field after successful completion of Master of Computer Applications (MCA) course. The basic educational qualification required to be eligible for doing Ph.D in Computer Science is given below.

Eligibility Criteria required for Theoretical Computer Science:

>> M.Sc or M.E or M.Tech or MCA in Computer Science and related discipline and must be interested in the mathematical aspects of Computer Science.
(Or)
>> M.Sc or M.E or M.Tech or MCA in any engineering or science discipline with good mathematical skills and strong interest in biological problems for Ph.D in Computational Biology.

>> Since you have already completed MCA Post Graduate Degree, I am sure you are certainly eligible to do Ph.D in Computer Science.
31st October 2017, 12:59 PM
Unregistered

I have completed my MBA in financial management in the year 2015 from The Global Open University,Dimapur via distance learning mode with 68%.Whether my degree is valid or not.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?