21st August 2014, 10:31 PM
Unregistered

What I need to do to get registered for PhD in Computer Science? Which UGC recognized universities I can register with?

Hi,

I have done my MSc (Computer Science) from Maharishi Dayanand University, Rohtak through Distance Education mode. I work in a private company in the same field, so have experience in Computers.

What I need to do to get registered for PhD in Computer Science? Please tell me what examinations (GATE/ SLET/ NET) are required for registering in PhD. I want to do it through distance or at least in Part-time mode. which UGC recognized universities I can register with? Is there any age criteria as well ?

Thanks,
Alankar

Related Questions:
  1. UGC recognized universities for PhD in English in New Delhi through distance or regular mode -- [Most Discussed]
  2. List of universities offering Ph.D in Computer Science?
  3. MCA holder is eligible for the post of assistant professor in B.Sc Computer Science?
  4. How to register for Ph.D part time under Anna University?
  5. PhD part time/full time Computer Science in IIT or Foreign university?
  6. How to do Ph.D in computer science after doing MCA(computer science)? Is Lovely professional university best for doing Ph.D?
  7. Detailed procedure to apply for Ph.D(IT) programme in any UGC approved university in India?
  8. List of universities in India offering B.P.Ed course recognized by UGC?
  9. UGC JRF fellowship eligibility for PhD Biotechnology?
  10. Names of the permanent UGC recognized private universities?
  11. Can I get fellowship and register for Ph.D in biotechnology after clearing UGC NET June in Environmental Science
  12. List of Colleges in India offering Ph.D in Computer Science and Engineering and recognized by UGC?
  13. When the application forms of DU, IP, DTU and IIT will be published for Ph.D in Computer Science programme? Syllabus of Ph.D in Computer Science programme?
  14. Is it between to do M.Tech with AICTE recognition or UGC recognition? Universities or institutes that are recognized? Where can I get admission?
  15. Which are the polytechnic colleges offering part time diploma in instrument technology?
  16. Prerequisite to do PhD in IIT? Whether IIT offer part time PhD? What about candidate self employed and want to pursue PhD in IIT?
  17. Eligibility for PhD in Computer Science or Computer Application? Which university is providing these courses?
  18. Good Universities to do PhD in English?
12th May 2016, 12:04 AM
ShreeRocks
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What I need to do to get registered for PhD in Computer Science? Which UGC recognized universities I can register with?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hi,

I have done my MSc (Computer Science) from Maharishi Dayanand University, Rohtak through Distance Education mode. I work in a private company in the same field, so have experience in Computers.

What I need to do to get registered for PhD in Computer Science? Please tell me what examinations (GATE/ SLET/ NET) are required for registering in PhD. I want to do it through distance or at least in Part-time mode. which UGC recognized universities I can register with? Is there any age criteria as well ?

Thanks,
Alankar
The aspirant can get registered for PhD in Computer Science in IGNOU. The eligibility to register for PhD in Computer Science is a pass in Master’s Degree in Computer Science with 60% marks from a recognized university. You have to appear for an entrance examination and interview for the selection to the PhD programme. You can check the exemption for the entrance examination in the link given. The duration of the course is minimum 2 years and maximum 5 years. There is no age limit to the PhD programme. You may contact the IGNOU study center for more details regarding this. The website link is Official website.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?