22nd December 2017, 01:29 AM
Unregistered

Eligibility for PhD in Political Science? Can I do Ph.D without M.Phil?

I have completed my graduation in arts through distance education. Now I am interested in Ph.D in political science, what are the eligibility criteria required and is masters compulsory for Ph.D and is M.Phil too? Can I do Ph.D without M.Phil?

22nd December 2017, 09:55 PM
Ishaquekhan
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Eligibility for PhD in Political Science? Can I do Ph.D without M.Phil?

Yes, definitely you can do Ph.D course without doing M.Phil course, there is no problem in it.
In order to do Ph.D course, you must have to complete your masters degree course.
Candidates those who have completed their Masters degree in the relevant field from a recognized University scoring a minimum of 55% of marks in it are eligible to opt for the Ph.D course in the same.
Eligible candidates then have to qualify in the NET examination to study Ph.D course.
22nd December 2017, 10:45 PM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Eligibility for PhD in Political Science? Can I do Ph.D without M.Phil?

Eligibility Criteria Required to do PhD in Political Science:

Master's in concerned stream is compulsorily required for pursuing PhD in Political Science course. But as far as my best knowledge is concerned, M.Phil is course is not needed besides having Master's Degree.

>> Post Graduation in concerned stream from a recognized university with minimum 55% marks in order to be eligible.

>> You may appear in National Eligibility Test or in any entrance examination that is conducted by concerned university/ college.

>> Hence, I can conclude that Master's Degree in the respective stream is absolutely needed and M.Phil course is not needed to pursue doctoral program.
23rd December 2017, 12:50 PM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I have completed my graduation in arts through distance education. Now I am interested in Ph.D in political science, what are the eligibility criteria required and is masters compulsory for Ph.D and is M.Phil too? Can I do Ph.D without M.Phil?

Eligibility to do a PhD in Political Science is a Master’s Degree in Political Science/ International Relations/ Public Administration from a recognized university with a minimum of 55% marks. You can do a PhD in Political Science without MPhil also. Candidates are admitted to the PhD in Political Science program on the basis of PhD Entrance Test and interview conducted by the university. Those students who have passed NET/SET/MPhil shall be exempted from the entrance test. They have to appear for the interview before admission. The PhD in Political Science is available in various universities in India.
23rd December 2017, 04:33 PM
Doctor Tom
Senior Member+++++

As per my knowledge, Masters course is mandatory to join PhD course. One cannot join PhD course after graduation. Minimum eligibility criteria required to join PhD is Masters course. Ansal is not necessary to joint PhD but Masters course is necessary.
23rd December 2017, 05:02 PM
osmin
Senior Member+++++

Eligibility for PhD in Political Science:-

> To pursue PhD in Political Science one should have the master's degree.

> You are also eligible for P.hD after the completion of M Phil or masters degree from recognised University.

> Candidate must have to pass Master's degree or M.phil with minimum 55% and 50% marks respectively.

> There is no particular age limit for P.hd.

Yes, you can do PhD without M.Phil but you must have to complete your master's degree, only then you are eligible for PhD without M.Phil.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?