25th July 2014, 07:04 PM
Unregistered

Exams to get into PhD? All the information about marks to get admission?

Sir,
I am a student of b.sc. 2nd year in physics. I want to know about the exams to get into int. Phd. I need also the information about marks in b.sc. to take those exams.
Thank you.

Related Questions:
  1. Is there any age limit to do PhD? Detailed information about admission?
  2. Which country is suitable to pursue PhD in Maths without entrance exams?
  3. Where to do PhD in statistics in India? In which all exams to appear?
  4. After M.Tech from an ordinary college can we do PhD? Which exams to write and how to take admission?
  5. Best university in Madhya Pradesh for PhD in HR? Information regarding entrance exams?
  6. Entrance exam for pursuing PhD from IITs?
  7. Admission in integrated M.Sc+Ph.D through JEST? Last date of application?
  8. Information about PhD program after MS in USA?
  9. Syllabus, procedure of admission and information about PhD entrance exam?
  10. How may i get admission in PhD (CS) after passing MCA with 61% marks?
  11. Can I pursue PhD having 50.7% in M.Com? Age limit to do PhD?
  12. List of colleges and universities along with their admission procedure and details, offering Ph.D course with chemistry or medicinal chemistry through correspondence? I have completed M.Sc(Pharmaceutical Chemistry) with 75% marks
  13. PhD admission and scholarship in UK or europe -- [Most Discussed]
  14. How to do Ph.D from Japan, Germany or US after completing B.Tech Biotech with 74%? What is the scholarship program for it? Can I do Ph.D without investing money?
  15. Information about Ph.D entrance and procedure for admission after completing M.Phil?
  16. Information about admission in PhD Hindi
  17. Selection criteria for Phd in Pharmacology from Jadavpur University
  18. How much marks is required for taking admission for Ph.D in History? What's the fee structure and age limitation for the same?
3rd September 2016, 01:58 PM
ShreeRocks
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Exams to get into PhD? All the information about marks to get admission?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sir,
I am a student of b.sc. 2nd year in physics. I want to know about the exams to get into int. Phd. I need also the information about marks in b.sc. to take those exams.
Thank you.

The students who want to study PhD should first clear the Master’s Degree in the subject concerned. They should score at least 55% marks in post graduation. Apart from this qualification they have to apply to the University for the PhD program. The candidates who have qualified NET/SET/GATE examinations are exempted from the entrance examination to the PhD. They will directly join the PhD after an interview. Other candidates should appear for a PhD Entrance Test and Interview for the admission. These are the procedure followed for PhD admission in India.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?