22nd August 2017, 10:23 PM
Unregistered

Are GATE, UGC-NET & other entrance exams necessary to pass for M.Phil and PhD after MCA? Whole procedure to get Doctorate degree?

I am MCA holder and wish to join teaching field so, I want to do M.Phil and then PhD. So, tell me will I have to pass GATE, UGC-NET & other entrance exams? Whole procedure to get Doctorate degree?

Related Questions:
  1. Entrance exam for pursuing PhD from IITs?
  2. After MCA can I do PhD in Computer Science or I will have to do research first?
  3. Procedure of enrollment in PhD Life Science? Prospect after writing exams like GATE, CSIR-UGC NET and ICMR?
  4. How much JRF is offered through GATE and UGC-NET? Minimum marks score to study PhD through GATE and UGC-NET?
  5. What is the procedure to do Ph.D after M.Com?
  6. Can I appear for CSIR NET Exam and UGC NET Exam being an MCA candidate? In what way I can pursue Ph.D course? -- [Most Discussed]
  7. In which filed I should do PhD after completion of MCA? Detailed information, syllabus and list of entrance exams?
  8. In which filed I should do PhD after completion of MCA? Detailed information, syllabus and list of entrance exams?
  9. Is it compulsory to appear in UGC-NET for doing PhD in Computer Science for MCA postgraduate?
  10. Admission procedure for Ph.D in Maths through correspondence from a good University?
  11. Details, eligibility & procedure to apply in UGC-NET for MPhil(Political Science) student? -- [New]
  12. Admission process for Ph.D. course in Organic Chemistry?
  13. CSIR-NET or UGC-NET in which one to appear for studying PhD in Commerce? List of entrance exams for doing PhD in Commerce?
  14. How to do Ph.D in computer science after finishing MCA? Best institution to pursue doctorate?
  15. What is the process of doing Ph.D after completion of MCA course?
  16. What to do after M.Com in economics to become a Lecturer?
  17. Am I eligible to do Ph.D in Physics in part time without completion of master's degree?
  18. Admission process in Ph.D. under Organic Chemistry stream?
25th August 2017, 09:27 PM
Ishaquekhan
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Are GATE, UGC-NET & other entrance exams necessary to pass for M.Phil and PhD after MCA? Whole procedure to get Doctorate degree?

Yes, definitely the above mentioned entrance examinations are necessary to opt for the Ph.D course after the completion of MCA course.
Candidates those who have completed their Masters degree from a recognized University with a minimum of 55% of marks in it are eligible to apply for the NET examination.
So, after the completion of MCA course, candidates must have to qualify in the NET examination in order to get admission to study Ph.D course in different Colleges.
29th August 2017, 09:44 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Are GATE, UGC-NET & other entrance exams necessary to pass for M.Phil and PhD after MCA? Whole procedure to get Doctorate degree?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I am MCA holder and wish to join teaching field so, I want to do M.Phil and then PhD. So, tell me will I have to pass GATE, UGC-NET & other entrance exams? Whole procedure to get Doctorate degree?
You have completed MCA degree so you are eligible for Ph.D course, but your masters degree marks must be above 55%.

You must have valid GATE and UGC NET score card.

If you have GATE and UGC NET score card then you can apply for Ph.D course directly to any University.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?