19th December 2013, 05:23 PM
Unregistered

Have I lost my age for NET? Possibility of research career Abroad?

I am m.sc. in botany. I have passed from Kalyani University (UGC granted) in 1998. For my family problem I could not tried for any research work. I got the job for assistant teacher for biology. Still I am working as a teacher. Now I am 39 years old. Now I feel if there will be any opportunity to start my research. I think I have lost my age for NET & others.
So it is my question that is there any possibility to start research in abroad and can I get any scholarship for that?

Related Questions:
  1. Is there any possibility to go abroad while studying in 2nd year ECE?
  2. Can research career be build up through NET?
  3. PG courses to take up cancer research in molecular oncology as career?
  4. What's the proper procedure for applying in research program in foreigner university? I am pursuing M.Sc in chemistry from Delhi university
  5. How to pursue a career in technical research field in companies? Should I go for MBA in India or should I do MS in mechatronics or robotics in abroad?
  6. Is there any possibility to do MBBS in abroad after passing BSc Biology with 62% in Physics, Chemistry and Biology?
  7. Can I get admission in Ph.D. in USA or European universities without good research experience?
  8. Eligibility to pursue Astrophysics or Astronomy course in IUCAA or IIA Bangalore at the age of 30? What would be the options available in the research field?
  9. Which are the courses for Biology students other than MBBS after Plus Two?
  10. What are the available scholarships for research studies in abroad after completing M.Sc botany in AMU?
  11. What are the career options for BVSc?
  12. Various career options other than MDS?
  13. What shall I do after completion of M.Sc in Electronics?
  14. How good is Biotechnology as a career? Scope in Indian and Abroad? -- [Most Discussed]
  15. How to study abroad? Which country is better for studying in research field?
  16. How to get jobs in abroad in research field after completing MSc Biotechnology? -- [Most Discussed]
  17. Career prospects in the Clinical Research Field? I want to pursue my PG without leaving the job
  18. What should I do to go ahead with a successful career in space research?
12th April 2016, 08:43 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Have I lost my age for NET? Possibility of research career Abroad?

For NET lectureship there is no upper age limit and you can still apply for it if you have 55% marks in M.Sc degree. There is upper age limit only for JRF.

Your teaching experience can help you a great deal in cracking NET and also getting a lecturer job in government college. Therefore, try to crack NET lectureship.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?