20th April 2016, 11:29 AM
Unregistered

How can I apply for PhD in Botany being an M.Sc postgraduate?

Hello Everyone,
I have done M.Sc in Botany. Now I want to do PhD. How should I apply for PhD course in Botany? Please help me to know about this. Waiting for your reply!

21st April 2016, 10:19 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How can I apply for PhD in Botany being an M.Sc postgraduate?

You can apply for admission when there is a notification on a prescribed format. Just make sure that you have got at least 55% marks in M.Sc degree. Admission will be based on the performance in entrance exam and interview.

Those who have qualified NET/SET/JRF/GATE will be exempted for entrance exam stage. Admission is based in merit through written exam and interview.
22nd April 2016, 11:37 PM
Ishaquekhan
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How can I apply for PhD in Botany being an M.Sc postgraduate?

To pursue Ph.D degree course after the completion of M.Sc, candidates must have to appear in the UGC NET examination, qualifying in which they can get admission under Ph.D degree course.
The eligibility criteria required to appear in the UGC NET examination is that a candidate must have completed their Master's Degree course from a recognized University with a minimum of 55% of marks.
There is no age criteria for NET examination.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?