26th October 2017, 11:27 AM
Unregistered

How to get admission in IITs for PhD? Which topic will be better in PhD for MS in Electrical and Electronics engineering holder?

I am doing MS in Electrical and Electronics engineering and after it wanted to do PhD from IITs. Please tell me how to get admission in IITs for the same?
Which topic will be better for PhD?

Related Questions:
  1. Best university to PhD on Wave Communications Engineering? Can I do it from IITs?
  2. Best topic to do PhD in any of Advanced Functional Materials and Magnetics? Way to do it from IITs?
  3. Way to get admission in IITs and IISC, Bangalore to do PhD in Electrical? Career options available after doing PhD from IITs and IISc, Bangalore?
  4. Does BU offer doctorate course in music for hindustani vocal?
  5. PhD project topics available for Mechanical Engineering stream? Procedure to get admission in IITs?
  6. Procedure to get admission in IITs for PhD? Topics available in Computer Science Engineering for PhD?
  7. Procedure to do PhD in Infrastructure Engineering from IITs? Which IIT is best for it?
  8. How to do PhD in Signal Processing topic from IITs? Entrance exams with cut off for admission?
  9. For admission in PhD only post graduation score matters? Criteria for MCA holder for admission in IITs?
  10. Possibilities of doing Ph.D. in Hybrid field in India?
  11. Colleges and universities which offer PhD course? -- [Most Discussed]
  12. Eligibility to study PhD(Civil Engineering) in Babu Banarasi Das University? -- [New]
  13. Is it possible for me to get Ph.D degree in Electrical after completion of M.E Industrial Engineering and B.E Electrical?
  14. Am I eligible for Ph.D from IITs after doing MCA and BCA course? What is the procedure to take admission?
  15. In which IITs I have a chance to get admission through GATE score for Phd? -- [Most Discussed]
  16. After M.Tech from an ordinary college can we do PhD? Which exams to write and how to take admission?
  17. Entrance exam for pursuing PhD from IITs?
  18. Suggested topic in PhD after after clearing NET JRF in Geography?
27th October 2017, 11:40 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How to get admission in IITs for PhD? Which topic will be better in PhD for MS in Electrical and Electronics engineering holder?

IITs release Ph.D admission notification from time to time and you need to apply for it accordingly on a prescribed format. Selection is based on the performance in the interview stage.

Only those who have excellent academic credentials, are eligible to get a call fro interview. Hence, make sure you have a good academic career. Topics are selected by you for your research program. Just ask your concerned mentor for more ideas.
28th October 2017, 04:29 PM
Ishaquekhan
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How to get admission in IITs for PhD? Which topic will be better in PhD for MS in Electrical and Electronics engineering holder?

Since, you are doing MS course in Electrical and Electronics Engineering, you can apply for the Ph.D course in IITs.
Candidates those who are wiling to take admission under Ph.D course from IITs, must have completed their Masters degree in the relevant field from a recognized University with scoring a minimum of 55% of marks in it.
Candidates those who have secured the above mentioned percentage of marks are eligible to appear in the NET examination, qualifying in which they can take admission in the above mentioned Institute in order to study Ph.D course.

List of topics to do Ph.D in Electrical and Electronics Engineering:-

Microwave and Communication Systems (MACS)
Sensing, Imaging and Signal Processing (SISP)
Control Systems (CS)
Electrical Energy and Power Systems (EEPS)
Power Conversion (PC)
Microelectronics and Nanostructures (M&N)
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?