3rd June 2016, 08:32 PM
Unregistered

Is M.Phil or NET is required to become a Lecturer?

Please, let me know whether M.Phil or NET is enough to become a lecturer. Is M.Phil is necessary to appear in NET. How about if I do M.Phil from UGC recognized college of Chennai?

6th June 2016, 10:10 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is M.Phil or NET is required to become a Lecturer?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Please, let me know whether M.Phil or NET is enough to become a lecturer. Is M.Phil is necessary to appear in NET. How about if I do M.Phil from UGC recognized college of Chennai?
No, M. Phil degree is not necessarily become a lecturer in Government college. But if you have a valid UGC NET scorecard, then you are eligible for lecturer post.

No, M. Phil degree is not necessary for the UGC NET score card.

6th June 2016, 04:36 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Normally, those who have M.Phil qualification have to crack NET/SET to get lecturer job in government colleges. Only those who have Ph.D in regular mode are exempted from NET/SET for lecturer job.

Hence, try to crack with an excellent score if you want to make it to a government college as a lecturer.

7th June 2016, 11:55 PM
Ishaquekhan
Senior Member+++++

I am sorry to say you that M.Phil degree is not enough to become a lecturer in Government Colleges. If a candidate has a valid UGC NET scorecard, then the candidate will be eligible for the post of Lecturer.
No, M.Phil degree is not necessary to appear in the UGC NET Examination. Candidates need to complete their Masters degree from a recognized University with a minimum of 55% of marks in order to be eligible for UGC NET Examination.

7th June 2016, 11:56 PM
Ishaquekhan
Senior Member+++++

I am sorry to say you that M.Phil degree is not enough to become a lecturer in Government Colleges. If a candidate has a valid UGC NET scorecard, then the candidate will be eligible for the post of Lecturer.
No, M.Phil degree is not necessary to appear in the UGC NET Examination. Candidates need to complete their Masters degree from a recognized University with a minimum of 55% of marks in order to be eligible for UGC NET Examination.

5th September 2017, 01:28 PM
Unregistered

I completed M.Phil degree in 1998, now whether net is required me tone college lecturer. Since before July 2009 M.Phil is completed they are exempted fro me or slet

10th November 2018, 11:36 AM
Unregistered

Is NET/SET mandotary to get admission for m. Phil?? Please let me know.

Do you have any question? or have anything to say?