30th December 2015, 07:02 AM
Unregistered

What basic qualification is required to become a Government Lecturer?

I have completed my BA English with 70%. I want to become a government lecturer. So i want to know what basic qualification is required to become one?

Related Questions:
  1. How to get Computer Science lecturer job in Government Engineering colleges? Minimum required qualification?
  2. What is the scope for a B.Tech student in banking sector and journalism?
  3. What is the qualification required for the post of English Lecturer in government polytechnic college of Maharashtra State
  4. What is the eligibility to become a lecturer in government polytechnic college?
  5. List of universities offering masters in Germany? I'm a civil engineer with 65% marks
  6. Procedure to become a Lecturer in Government polytechnic? -- [New]
  7. Basic qualification required to appear for PSU exam?
  8. What is the procedure to follow to get the Government job of lecturer in Fashion designing?
  9. Am I eligible for the post of guest lecturer at any Government or Non Government College after passing MSc in Food Nutrition?
  10. What is value of SET score in becoming a School Teacher?
  11. Qualifications required to become a lecturer in any private college recognized by government university?
  12. If B.Tech IT qualification enough to become a lecturer in government polytechnic or any government arts and science college?
  13. A CA can be a Lecturer of Accounts in any College? Qualification required for it?
  14. What is the qualification required to become a College Lecturer?
  15. Eligibility for Lecturer posts in government recognized colleges? -- [Most Discussed]
  16. Eligibility to appear in SET for a candidate who has secured 70% in MCM?
  17. Basic qualification required for admission in Architecture?
  18. What's qualification required for the lecturer post in degree colleges?
30th December 2015, 08:53 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What basic qualification is required to become a Government Lecturer?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I have completed my BA English with 70%. I want to become a government lecturer. So i want to know what basic qualification is required to become one?
Eligibility criteria for lecturer post in government college:-

1.You must have Ph.D degree.

2.You must have valid UGC NET/ SET/ SLET score.

3.Your age should be above 23 years.
30th December 2015, 09:52 AM
rrooxx

Default Re: What basic qualification is required to become a Government Lecturer?

To become a government college lecture you need to have master degree, some college also prefers the candidate who have score card of the National Eligibility Test (NET) score card.

Eligibility:-->Candidate should have master degree with at least 55% marks. Candidate should opt RTHE NET score card.

*list of the government college in which you can apply.

>>Government Arts College, Rajahmundry

>>Government Medical College, Anantapur

>>Government Nizamia Tibbi College, Hyderabad

>>Maharajah's Government College of Music and Dance

>>P. V. K. N. Government College

>>Silver Jubilee Government Degree College

>>Dera Natung Government College..
30th December 2015, 03:25 PM
jagrity7
Senior Member+++++

To join as lecturer in government collages the candidate has to apply through the NET entrance exam which is conducted by the UGC department .

The eligibility criteria for the Lecturer job post are as under :-

-The candidate should hold post graduation degree with atleast 55% marks from any recognized university.

-The candidate age must be below 35 years.There is age relaxation as per gov. rules for reserved categories.

-The candidate must be Indian citizen.

NET entrance exam is conducted twice in a year in the month of June and December .
30th December 2015, 06:37 PM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

The very basic educational qualification you should possess is that you should have a PG degree from a recognized University with a minimum of 55% in aggregate and should also have a B.Ed degree along with a NET score card approved by UGC.
30th December 2015, 08:13 PM
Prince8645
Senior Member+

No, you are not eligible to become lecturer after bachelor's degree. To become lecturer candidates have to appear and qualify in NET examination.

NET examination is conducted by UGC twice every year. The eligibility to appear for examination is :-

Candidate must have passed or pursuing in final year master's degree from recognised university.

Candidate must have scored minimum 55% aggregate in master's degree.

So, you need to pursue master degree to appear for examination. For more information about examination visit at http://www.ugc.ac.in.
30th December 2015, 10:00 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

For becoming lecturer in government universities approved by UGC you will have to clear NET.

NET stands for National Eligibility Test and it is an entrance examination held by CBSE twice every year on the behalf of UGC for selection of deserving candidates for recruitment as assistant professor or for junior research fellowship ( JRF ).

--> For appearing in the same examination, basic qualifications which you must have are as mentioned below :-

* You must have completed your Masters degree with any subject ( out of 84 subjects mentioned on official link of NET ) with a minimum of 55% aggregate from a recognized university.

* You must have the citizenship of India with your age lying below 28 years for joining JRF ( relaxation is applicable for reserved category candidates as per the government norms ). Also for the post of assistant professor there is no age limit for any category.

So being a bachelor degree holder you will have to first complete your Masters degree with a minimum of 55% aggregate and then have to clear NET for becoming lecturer.

For more details and updates about the same examination you can log on to the link www.cbsenet.nic.in.
30th December 2015, 10:21 PM
ME471
Senior Member+++++

B.A. is a bachelor degree but for the post of lecturer in any of the government college you must have to qualify the master degree first. Also your institute must be well recognized and the minimum marks required for lecturer post in master degree is 55%. So my suggestion to you is that you should go for the master's first. After completing your master's you have to apply for the NET exam. After clearing the NET you have to face interview. If you crack the final interview then you will be offered with a job of lecturer in any of the government college.
31st December 2015, 03:06 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

The basic criteria required for becoming lecturer in any government college of India is to crack National Eligibility Test. NET is conducted in June and December every year by University Grants Commission for:

1. Lectureship: No upper age limit.

2. Junior Research Fellowship: 28 years.

Qualification for NET exam:

>>You must be a master's degree holder in order to apply for exam. You are not eligible to apply for NET exam as you have done Bachelor of Arts in English. If you want to become lecturer then pursue master's degree and score 55% marks to be eligible for NET exam.
31st December 2015, 08:29 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

For government lecturer job you need post graduation qualification with at least 55% marks plus NET/SET score. If you have this qualification then you can apply for government lecturer vacancies.

Selection will be according to the merit and if you have good enough score then you will be definitely selected for the job. Hence, for now you have to get admission in a post graduation degree.
31st December 2015, 11:57 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

The basic qualification required for becoming government college lecturer is:

1. Master's degree in any discipline from a recognized university.

2. You must have at least 55% marks.

3. No upper age limit for lectureship.

You are not eligible for lectureship with bachelor's degree in arts with 70%.
2nd May 2016, 03:50 PM
Unregistered

I am doing my ug degree(final year) please suggest me to what are the opportunities to become a lecturer
15th June 2016, 03:18 AM
zingspring666

what are the essential qualification and percentage to be eligible for M.A.?
2nd January 2017, 09:09 PM
Unregistered

Now I am not qualified net or set.I want to apply degree lectures exam.Is it possible to write exam.at the result time I must provide certificate.Is it possible for apply
30th May 2018, 05:17 PM
Unregistered

I have completed my M.sc in mathematics .I got 7.20 CGPA .whether l am eligible for NET exam
8th June 2018, 06:14 PM
Unregistered

For obc candidate what is the minimum qualifications for the post of assistant professor
3rd July 2018, 03:12 PM
Unregistered

Sir, I have done my m.com and I want to teach as a Jr. Govt. lecturer for class 11, 12th so what further qualification is needed for this post.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?