1st December 2014, 04:39 PM
Unregistered

Is it mandatory to appear in UGC-NET to become Teacher being a Ph.D holder? Suitable books and tips for preparation?

hello
i am appearing ugc hindi net exam.firstly i am a ph.d degree holder.is it necessary to qualify net for a teaching job.then guide me about net first paper. some tips & realated books.ihave my hold on 2 -3 papr. 1 paper is looking tough plz healp me .

2nd December 2014, 08:09 PM
soumyasecret

Default Re: Is it mandatory to appear in UGC-NET to become Teacher being a Ph.D holder? Suitable books and tips for preparation?

Yes you have to appear in UGC NET exam for lectureship even after holding Ph.D. degree.

Eligibility Requirement for Ph.D holders:
-Must have completed your Masters degree prior to 19th September 1991.
-Must have scored a minimum percentage of 50% in the Masters degree.
-There is no age limit for lectureship.

Preparation tips:
-You need to have at-least a detailed knowledge on each and every subjects in a disciplined manner.
-Keep yourself updated with the topics of current affairs.
-Practicing previous year question papers and try to find the answers quickly.
-Practice Mock test frequently.

Standard and Best books for reference:
-UGC University Grants Commission NET/SET For Lectureship Exam (Paper I) 01 Edition
-UGC-NET Management Previous Papers Solved 1st Edition
-Trueman’s UGC NET National Eligibility Test/SET State Eligibility Test Management 1st Edition
-UGC NET / SET Paper 1: Teaching and Research Aptitude 1st Edition
2nd December 2014, 10:00 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is it mandatory to appear in UGC-NET to become Teacher being a Ph.D holder? Suitable books and tips for preparation?

For getting a lecturer job in government college, you have to qualify UGC NET. For UGC NET one must have a Master's Degree with 55% marks from a recognized University. There is relaxation of 5% marks for candidates who belong to reserved category.

There is no age limit for UGC NET Lectureship, but there is a age limit for JRF which is 28 years. Age relaxation is available for reserved category candidates.

You are a Ph.D holder and you can apply for faculty job in private colleges. In private colleges UGC NET is not essential and if you can clear the interview, then surely you can get a decent job as a Lecturer.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?