20th July 2016, 11:29 PM
Unregistered

Is it mandatory to do Ph.D to become a scientist in the field of Genetics?

Sir/Mam,

i'm a HS student and i'm very much puzzled about my honours subjects and also about my career...sir what should i do to get a phd in genetics?...did i have to take zoology as my honours sub? to get the phd ?!!!..... Can someone please answer me on the same?

5th August 2016, 07:06 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is it mandatory to do Ph.D to become a scientist in the field of Genetics?

At least a masters degree is required to join any research project. Any B.Tech degree with GATE score will also make you eligible for research in genetic engineering field. You can try to crack JRF exams after completion of B.Tech or M.Sc degree in relevant field.

Those who crack JRF exam become eligible for various government funded research projects which give better exposure to candidates looking for a research career. You can go for Ph.D on the basis of such experience.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?