25th August 2015, 05:27 PM
Unregistered

Is it necessary to pursue M.Phil for M.Sc(Computer Science) student to study PhD course?

Hello guys,
I am a B.Sc(Computer Science) graduate and studying M.Sc in Computer Science. I want to do PhD so I want to know that I must have to do M.Phil first? Is it really necessary?

9th September 2015, 08:33 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is it necessary to pursue M.Phil for M.Sc(Computer Science) student to study PhD course?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hello guys,
I am a B.Sc(Computer Science) graduate and studying M.Sc in Computer Science. I want to do PhD so I want to know that I must have to do M.Phil first? Is it really necessary?
You have completed M.Sc in Computer Science so you are eligible for Ph.D in Computer Science.

Candidates who have completed masters degree from a recognized university are eligible for Ph.D course. General and OBC candidates should hold 55% and above marks in masters degree. For SC/ST candidate its 50% and above in masters degree.

There is no age criteria. Your age should be below 28 years for JRF post.
10th September 2015, 12:35 PM
Sam James

Thumbs up Re: Is it necessary to pursue M.Phil for M.Sc(Computer Science) student to study PhD course?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hello guys,
MPhil is not necessary for Science related courses. Since you are pursuing masters in computer science you may clear the NET exam for Computer science and with that score you may get Junior research fellow in any of the premiere institutions depending on the score you get in NET.

MPhil - Master of Philosophy.

Phd - Doctor of Philosophy.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?