26th July 2015, 12:30 AM
Unregistered

Should I have to study M.Phil to pursue PhD being a M.Sc(Computer Science) candidate?

Hello Sir,
I am doing M.Sc in Computer Science and I want to do PhD in future. Please let me know that I have to do M.Phil also for doing PhD? Waiting for your reply.

15th May 2016, 10:46 PM
ShreeRocks
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Should I have to study M.Phil to pursue PhD being a M.Sc(Computer Science) candidate?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hello Sir,
I am doing M.Sc in Computer Science and I want to do PhD in future. Please let me know that I have to do M.Phil also for doing PhD? Waiting for your reply.
No, you are not eligible for PhD in Computer Science without studying M.Phil. The eligibility to study do PhD in Computer Science is a pass in Master’s Degree in Computer Science with over 55% marks from a recognised university. The aspirant has to appear for an entrance examination and interview for the admission to PhD. If you already cleared NET/M Phil/ UGC/CSIR/JRF/GATE/SLET then you are exempted from the entrance examination. You have to contact the college Computer Science Department for more details. The course is available in various colleges like;
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?