28th August 2015, 11:58 AM
Unregistered

What should I do if I wanted to Ph.D course right after having 40 years of Government job experience?

I am 40 year in govt job & want to do PhD.what should I do for PhD. Will that be possible for me to do the course or not? Can you please guide me with the right information on this? Just let me know what should I do in order to do the Ph.D course?

Thank you!

Related Questions:
  1. Is it possible for me to get a government job after having 5 years of field experience in Navy?
  2. Is there any government job for MBa Finance holder where PhD is sponsored?
  3. Way to do PhD in HR while doing government job?
  4. Is it good to do job, take some experience and than join PhD or direct join PhD?
  5. Is it good to do job, take some experience and than join PhD or direct join PhD?
  6. Can I study Part Time PhD in Computer Science without pursuing Master's Degree for B.E.(CSE) graduate who has 8 years of work experience? List of colleges in Karnataka and Tamil Nadu?
  7. How to get a government job after doing MSc in Biotechnology
  8. Can I do PhD if completed correspondence MBA(Marketing) and having 4.6 years of work experience in Pharma sector? What should I study in PhD to get good job?
  9. How to get Government Professor job with 4 years experience?
  10. Prospects of getting a Ph.D course in USA after doing M.D in Pharmacology from India with good research experience? Job prospects in India after completing Ph.D from USA? -- [Most Discussed]
  11. How to do PhD in Mathematics having 2 years teaching experience after M.Phil?
  12. Possibility to study PhD in Chemistry for a Lecturer who has 12 years of experience?
  13. PhD degree is equivalent to research experience?
  14. How can I do PhD while working in government organisation?
  15. Possibility to get admission to study PhD if completed B.E. about 18 years ago and having 5 years of worked experience?
  16. Eligibility to get admission to study PhD in English in SV University for M.Phil candidate who has 6 years of Teaching experience in Government High School?
  17. Mechanical engineer with 4 years work experience is eligible to do PhD in Mathematics? What route to take for pursuing PhD in Mathematics?
  18. PhD scholarship in Germany based upon my qualification?
8th September 2015, 10:06 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What should I do if I wanted to Ph.D course right after having 40 years of Government job experience?

You have to apply for admission when there is a admission notification released by the concerned university. The first criteria is a masters degree with 55% marks. For reserved category there is relaxation of 5% marks.

If you have more than 5 years of professional experience in the relevant field then you will be exempted from the entrance exam stage. There is usually a written exam and interview for selection.
9th September 2015, 05:05 PM
Khushi shrivaastava

Smile Re: What should I do if I wanted to Ph.D course right after having 40 years of Government job experience?

Sir I want new easy topic in commerce for doing and study in phd
10th September 2015, 12:26 PM
Sam James

Arrow Re: What should I do if I wanted to Ph.D course right after having 40 years of Government job experience?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I am 40 year in govt job & want to do PhD.what should I do for PhD. Will that be possible for me to do the course or not? Can you please guide me with the right information on this? Just let me know what should I do in order to do the Ph.D course?

Thank you!
Sorry, you have not specified which course you did ?

For Phd the basic eligibility is a post graduation degree in the concerned stream.

But for admission to Phd there requires some clearance of tests including common level as well as institutional level.

For example, for engineering field Phd you must require GATE qualification and MTech

For arts and science stream you require NET and in some streams MPhil.

The experience is an added advantage if you are applying for phd in that stream.

Before induction to phd program there will be a face to face interview to assess the ingenuity and need for the research.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?