24th January 2017, 05:02 PM
Unregistered

Which one to choose between M.Phil and Ph.D in computer science after completion of M.Sc with 54 percentage marks?

I have completed my M.Sc in I.T with 54 percentage marks. Can I do my M.Phil or Ph.D in computer science? Can you please give me the right information on the same? It will be helpful if you can answer me soon. Thanks!

26th January 2017, 11:07 AM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which one to choose between M.Phil and Ph.D in computer science after completion of M.Sc with 54 percentage marks?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I have completed my M.Sc in I.T with 54 percentage marks. Can I do my M.Phil or Ph.D in computer science? Can you please give me the right information on the same? It will be helpful if you can answer me soon. Thanks!

Sorry, it is not possible to study either M.Phil or PhD in Computer Science after completion of M.Sc with 54% marks. Basic eligibility for the M.Phil program is a pass in Post Graduate level examination with a minimum of 55% marks (50% for SC/ST) in Computer Science or Computer Applications from any university recognized by UGC. Some universities require a master’s degree with 60% marks. The eligibility for the PhD is also same as M.Phil. So it is not possible to do M.Phil or PhD with less than 55% marks in M.Sc. The courses are available in various universities in India.

26th January 2017, 05:12 PM
Ishaquekhan
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which one to choose between M.Phil and Ph.D in computer science after completion of M.Sc with 54 percentage marks?

I am sorry to say that you cannot pursue your M.Phil or Ph.D course after the completion of your M.Sc degree course with 54% of marks in it as you have not satisfied the required eligibility criteria.
Candidates those who have completed their Masters degree from a recognised University with a minimum of 55% of marks in it are eligible to opt for the Ph.D course in the relevant field.

26th January 2017, 07:58 PM
eSolution
Junior Member+

M.Phil is a 1 year course. If you want yourself to develop your analytical thinking along with researching then you can go for M.Phil. It gives a good package for the freshers.
The minimum criteria for M.Phil is 55% in post graduate. Different colleges or institute may have their own criteria.

If you want to study hard and want to have a detail knowledge in your respective subject then choose Ph.D. But with this percentage you may not get admission in Ph.D

26th January 2017, 11:06 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
You have M.Sc in IT with 54% marks so you are not eligible for M.Phil or Ph.D course.

Those candidates who have completed masters degree from a recognized University are eligible for Ph.D/ M.Phil entrance exam. General and OBC candidates should hold 55% and above marks in masters degree. For SC/ST candidate its 50% and above in masters degree.

Do you have any question? or have anything to say?