2nd December 2015, 08:50 PM
Unregistered

Ph.D in which field after masters in English with 50% and MBA in marketing with 53%?

I have done masters degree in English with 50% marks and MBA in marketing with 53% marks . Can I do PhD if yes in a which field should I proceed?

Related Questions:
  1. How I can do PhD in international marketing from IISc without completing masters? I've done B.E and MBA -- [Most Discussed]
  2. PhD in Marketing after MBA is beneficial to do at Abroad?
  3. How to do masters in India? I have done MBA and masters in marketing
  4. Whether to go for M.Phill first or rather should apply for PhD directly? -- [Most Discussed]
  5. In which field i should do Ph.D. from HR or Marketing? Procedure to apply for Ph.D. in Ranchi University?
  6. Eligibility for PhD course in English Literature through online mode?
  7. How to do PhD for MBA(Marketing) postgraduate?
  8. Detailed information about PhD course for MBA(Marketing) postgraduate?
  9. Which masters programme should I enroll for doing PhD in field that fights Cancer?
  10. How can I study PhD in Marketing being an MBA(Marketing) postgraduate and having 18 years of experience?
  11. In which domain I should do PhD if completed MBA in HR and Marketing?
  12. How to get a job after passing masters degree in Human Resource management and marketing -- [Most Discussed]
  13. Does Delhi University offers PhD in Management course to MBA(Marketing) postgraduate? Benefits of doing PhD in Management?
  14. Which specialization is better to study in PhD among HR and Marketing for MBA postgraduate? Procedure to apply in Ranchi University?
  15. Eligibility to do PhD in Marketing in IGNOU for MBA postgraduate with 54.66%? -- [Most Discussed]
  16. Is it beneficial to study MBA being an English graduate? Which field should I opt after completing MBA?
  17. Am I eligible to study PhD if secured 60.68% in M.A.(Mass Communication & Journalism) and 65.65% in MBA/PGDM(Marketing)? For which subject I should study PhD?
  18. Scope of jobs in IT sector after doing MBA in Marketing?
3rd December 2015, 07:24 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Ph.D in which field after masters in English with 50% and MBA in marketing with 53%?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I have done masters degree in English with 50% marks and MBA in marketing with 53% marks . Can I do PhD if yes in a which field should I proceed?
You have completed masters in English with 50% and MBA with 53% so you are not eligible for Ph.D course.

Those candidates who have completed masters degree from a recognized university are eligible for Ph.D entrance exam. General and OBC candidates should hold 55% and above marks in masters degree. For SC/ST candidate its 50% and above in masters degree.

Your age should be below 28 years for JRF post.
3rd December 2015, 08:09 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Ph.D in which field after masters in English with 50% and MBA in marketing with 53%?

If you belong to general category then it will be difficult to get admission in PH.D with less than 55% marks in your post graduation. Admission will be based on the performance in the written exam and personal interview. You can apply only when you belong to a reserved category after getting relaxation in marks.

You can opt for English or Marketing subject for your PH.D as you have two post graduation degrees. Hence, apply if you belong to reserved category and be prepared for written exam and interview.
4th December 2015, 10:30 PM
iruazim
Senior Member+

Eligibility criteria to do Ph.D:-

Candidates must have completed Master's degree from a recognized University.
Candidates must have scored at least 55% of marks in Master's degree.
Candidates age must be below 28 years.

Since you have scored less than 55% of marks in Master's degree, you are not eligible for Ph.D entrance examination.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?