5th May 2014, 01:13 PM
Unregistered

PhD degree is equivalent to research experience?

sir according to india and it government agencies for the eligibility of vaccancy of scientiest PhD degree is necessary but they also considered a regular PhD as a three year research work experience. if i am right than kindly provide me a document for the same.

Related Questions:
  1. After MCA we should do M.Tech or PhD for better career in academic field?
  2. Are technical courses, PhD by research and Phd degree of CMJ University recognized by AICTE? PhD from CMJ University is equivalent to that of PhD from IITs etc.?
  3. Guidance to pursue Ph.D in Hindi in Distance Learning?
  4. Can I do MS in chemical engineering in UK after doing PG in organic chemistry in India?
  5. How to study M.Phil in distance education? I have completed MCA
  6. Can I register for Ph.D without having Masters Degree and having 30 years of work experience with Vegetable reputable organization in the Apparel Export Industry?
  7. How to get scholarship for doing master in management 2nd year?
  8. How may I do my Ph.D in Germany or Switzerland? I've completed M.Sc in Microbiology and 2 years experience in Research and Development
  9. List of colleges offering M.Pharmacy course in Andhra Pradesh? -- [Most Discussed]
  10. Is GRE score required to join PhD in Germany? Research experience and publication essentials?
  11. How being a Junior Research Fellow could help for admission in PhD?
  12. Which course should I join among MCA, M.Sc and B.Ed to become a Teacher?
  13. How can I do PhD while working in government organisation?
  14. Universities for correspondence PhD in Chemistry?
  15. Prospects of getting a Ph.D course in USA after doing M.D in Pharmacology from India with good research experience? Job prospects in India after completing Ph.D from USA?
  16. PhD Research in Data Mining?
  17. Can I continue my career in Execution field after PG Environmental engineering?
  18. How to become a scientist? I am studying graduation in chemistry(2nd year)
21st May 2014, 09:46 PM
ExpertAnswers
Senior Member+++

Default Re: PhD degree is equivalent to research experience?

As you asking here about your problem that you want to know that is PhD degree is equivalent to the research experience or not. So I am going to clearing your doubts and tell you about your problem that you have asked here. So as you asking about PhD degree so the PhD degree is done by any student after they have completing their master degree.

So PhD degree is equivalent to the research experience as far as I know. Because in master degree students have learned more about the subject that they have taken in their bachelorate degree as specialization subject or you may be called as honors subject. In that subject they learnt more about that subject and be strong in that subject. And then after completing their bachelorate degree they enters in to master degree and in that degree they have learnt more and becomes strong or you can called became master in that subject or in specialization subject.

Then they apply for the PhD degree and in this degree they have put all their study that they have learnt before they have researching and tried to get something new or tried to discover more. So basically it is called as a research line.
22nd May 2014, 09:58 AM
Unregistered

Default Re: PhD degree is equivalent to research experience?

Usually one sees "PhD or equivalent Research Experience" as specified requirements for many a positions and project. In India, what do really this equivalent research experience means. Has it been properly defined somewhere
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?