14th January 2018, 10:49 PM
Unregistered

Possibilities to do PhD in Bengali for a MA English holder?

I am a Travel Journalist and writer & editor. I have completed Master degree in English with 52% marks and doing research work in Bengali Travel. So, I want to do a PhD in Bengali for recognition of my work. Is it possible?

Related Questions:
  1. Ph.D in Bengali after 48.5% marks in M.A (Bengali)? New topics for Ph.D Bengali? Institutes in UK/USA for the same? -- [Most Discussed]
  2. Can I study PhD in Modern History in Bengali medium rather English medium?
  3. Detailed information about upcoming PhD Entrance Test to get admission in PhD(Bengali)?
  4. Eligibility criteria for doing Ph.D in Bengali after completion of post graduation in Sociology?
  5. Does Jadavpur University offer PhD in Bengali and English? -- [New]
  6. What is the procedure followed to get admission for PhD in Bengali in Kolkata?
  7. How can I get Lectureship in Abroad being a PhD(English) holder?
  8. Ph.D in Bengali for B.Ed graduate who has secured 64.40% marks?
  9. Procedure and eligibility to study PhD in Bengali in India for M.A.(Bengali) candidate of Asian University of Bangladesh?
  10. Procedure to apply for Ph.D in Bengali course at Calcutta University?
  11. Am I eligible to apply for Ph.D in Bengali after completion of honors and masters in bengali with 50 percentage marks?
  12. Correspondence courses related to Language for PhD(English) holder?
  13. How to do post doctorate courses after PhD in Bengali?
  14. Jadavpur University Zoology entrance exam can be attempted in Bengali medium?
  15. Can I get stipend to study PhD(Bengali) in Rabindra Bharati University?
  16. Am I eligible for the post of English Teacher in Bengali Medium School after completing graduation in English?
  17. Can a CA holder pursue PhD? What is the PhD duration, module and structure?
  18. Possibility to study PhD in Bengali for a candidate with 48% in distance Master's Degree?
16th January 2018, 04:16 PM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Possibilities to do PhD in Bengali for a MA English holder?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I am a Travel Journalist and writer & editor. I have completed Master degree in English with 52% marks and doing research work in Bengali Travel. So, I want to do a PhD in Bengali for recognition of my work. Is it possible?

Sorry, it is not possible to do a PhD in Bengali after completion of MA English. Candidates have to complete master’s degree in Bengali with at least 55% marks from a recognized university for pursuing PhD in Bengali. MA English holder can study a PhD in English. Candidates have to study MA Bengali with a minimum of 55% marks for pursuing PhD in Bengali. They have to appear for an entrance examination and interview conducted by the university for the admission. The PhD in Bengali program is available in various colleges / universities in India.
16th January 2018, 08:16 PM
zahedrocks
Senior Member+++++

Being an MA English holder you cannot pursue PhD in Bengali. In order to pursue the above mentioned course, you should have completed master's degree in Bengali with minimum 55% marks from a recognized university. SC/ST candidates should score minimum 50% marks. Candidates who have cleared M.Phil/UGC/NET etc. are exempted from the entrance examination and can get direct admission after clearing the interview.
17th January 2018, 07:40 PM
ahmedfaiyaz
Senior Member+++

Sorry to inform you that you are not eligible to do PhD in Bengali after completion of masters degree in English with 52% marks. In order to be eligible for PhD in Bengali, you must have completed masters degree in the relevant discipline with a minimum of 55% marks from a recognized university. Since you have completed masters degree with 52% marks, so I am sorry to say that you are not eligible for PhD course in any discipline.
5th July 2020, 01:12 AM
Unregistered

Possibility to do MA in bengali for a MA english holder?
4th March 2022, 03:30 PM
Unregistered

Can a phd in history be done in bengali ?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?