27th April 2015, 01:19 AM
Unregistered

Is it possible for me to Ph.D course if I have completed M.A in open university and also M.Phil?

Is it possible for me to Ph.D course if I have completed M.A in open university and also M.Phil? Can someone let me know the complete information on this? I really wanted to do Ph.D course and right now am not sure if it would be possible for me. If not what would be the next plans?

27th April 2015, 06:31 PM
ArunavaBasu
Senior Member++++

Default Re: Is it possible for me to Ph.D course if I have completed M.A in open university and also M.Phil?

If you have completed your M.Phil and M.A from a recognized University then you will be able to pursue the course of PhD.
The Open University needs to be recognized by the UGC.
If the Open University is recognized then you will have to clear the NET Examination and if you are able to crack the PhD then you will be able to pursue the course of PhD.
If your Open University is not recognized by the UGC then I am sorry to let you know that you will not be able to pursue the course of PhD in future.
So get back and tell the name of your Open University so that further assistance can be provided.
28th April 2015, 01:27 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is it possible for me to Ph.D course if I have completed M.A in open university and also M.Phil?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Is it possible for me to Ph.D course if I have completed M.A in open university and also M.Phil? Can someone let me know the complete information on this? I really wanted to do Ph.D course and right now am not sure if it would be possible for me. If not what would be the next plans?
Yes, you are eligible for Ph.D course.

Those candidates who have completed masters degree in Environmental Science from a recognized university are eligible for Ph.D course in Environmental Science. General and OBC candidates should hold 55% and above marks in masters degree. For SC/ST candidate its 50% and above in masters degree.

Your age should be below 28 years for JRF post.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?