14th April 2018, 05:35 PM
Unregistered

Should I have to appear in any entrance exam to study PhD in Mathematics at Delhi University?

I am studying MPhil(Mathematics). After my MPhil I am interested to do research on Mathematics. For this I want to study Phd. I have heard that in Delhi University, Phd Mathematics is taught. I want admission there. So I have to give any entrance exam for admission?

Related Questions:
  1. Detailed information, procedure to apply and fee structure of PhD in Mathematics program at Delhi University? Syllabus of PhD entrance exam in Delhi University?
  2. Does Delhi University offers PhD(Mathematics) course? -- [New]
  3. Does University of Delhi provide PhD to M.Sc Applied Mathematics holder? Entrance exam and eligibility for it?
  4. How to do Ph.D in Mathematics?
  5. Should I have to appear in any entrance exam to study Ph.D in Mathematics at Dibrugarh University?
  6. Detailed information and procedure to get admission in Delhi University for PhD in Mathematics?
  7. Which entrance exams are there for admission in M.Sc (maths)?
  8. Should I have to appear in any entrance exam to study PhD(Mathematics) in Dr. B.R. Ambedkar University, Agra?
  9. Entrance exam available to study PhD(Vibrations) in University of Delhi?
  10. Last date of submission of forms of MSc maths?
  11. Is there any entrance exam to study M.Sc(Mathematics) in Delhi University for B.Sc student of IGNOU?
  12. When the notification of Delhi University PhD(Zoology) entrance exam will be released? Syllabus of PhD(Zoology) entrance exam?
  13. Mathematics or Applied Mathematics which is better to pursue in PhD?
  14. How to do PhD in Mathematics having 2 years teaching experience after M.Phil?
  15. Which graduation course to do if planning to do Ph.D in Maths in future? -- [Most Discussed]
  16. Entrance exam available to study PhD(Electrical Engineering) in Delhi Technological University?
  17. Entrance exam available to study PhD(Engineering Geology) in Delhi University?
  18. Requirements to study PhD(Mathematics) in Calcutta University for MSc student?
9th May 2018, 05:01 PM
Effort Never Dies
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Should I have to appear in any entrance exam to study PhD in Mathematics at Delhi University?

Yes, you are required to appear in an entrance examination that is conducted to pursue PhD in Mathematics course at Delhi University. Basically there is a certain educational qualification required to pursue PhD in Mathematics course at Delhi University.

>> Candidates must have completed their Master's Degree or M.Phil degree of the University of Delhi or any other recognized university.

>> Minimum percentage required:
* Candidates with M.Phil qualification - 50% marks required
* Candidates with Equivalent Master's Degree - 55% marks required

>> Candidates are required to appear in an entrance examination that is conducted by University of Delhi. Candidates having scholarships/ fellowships instituted by the University or National or International agencies under the scheme approved or recognized by the university.

>> I am providing a notification where you can find all the details about this PhD in Mathematics course at Delhi University.

Click here for More Information
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?