13th October 2016, 03:23 PM
Unregistered

Is there is any age limit for doing Ph.D through GATE?

Hi,

I am giving my third attempt in gate instrumentation
I want to know that how much rank will be enough for getting admission in mtech or Phd
in iit's even when i am giving my THIRD attempts? Can you please provide me the details?

Please help
Thank you

13th October 2016, 06:28 PM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is there is any age limit for doing Ph.D through GATE?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hi,

I am giving my third attempt in gate instrumentation
I want to know that how much rank will be enough for getting admission in mtech or Phd
in iit's even when i am giving my THIRD attempts? Can you please provide me the details?

Please help
Thank you

There is no age limit to pursue PhD through GATE. The candidates with master’s degree in the relevant subject with a minimum of 55% marks are eligible to apply for PhD. The GATE qualified candidates are admitted through Personal Interview. So you can apply for PhD in various universities in India. The PhD program is available in regular and part time modes. There is no age limit to do PhD in India.
13th October 2016, 07:51 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

As per the rules there is no age bar to get admission in PhD course. Hence you are eligible to pursue PHD. The minimum qualification required to pursue PhD is masters degree in any discipline. You must have completed your masters degree from recognised University with at least 50% marks and you must have valid is NET scorecard.
13th October 2016, 08:46 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

There is no age limit for Ph.D admission and also, there is no limit to GATE attempts. You can apply as many times as possible.
You must have score above 90 percentile, if you want to have any chance of admission in IIT. Just make sure you are also well prepared for interview stage.
13th October 2016, 09:05 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

GATE stands for Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering.

*Any one has done bachelor's degree in engineering or technology or master's degree in science or mathematics or computer applications can apply for this examination.

*There is no upper age limit for GATE examination. You can attempt this examination multiple times.

*If you want admission in IIT for M.Tech then your rank must below 500 in your stream. Second important thing for PhD is that you should have at least 6.5 CGPA for this course. Rank below 500 will help you in getting admission in PhD also.
13th October 2016, 09:21 PM
pearlrana
Senior Member+++++

There is no age limit.
Many people undertake further studies including PhD when they retire. If one wants to go for NET JRF exam age limit is 28 years otherwise there is no age limit.
13th October 2016, 11:03 PM
Ishaquekhan
Senior Member+++++

There is no age limit to pursue the Ph.D course after qualifying in the GATE examination.
It is very difficult to provide you the details of the cut off rank to get admission in IITs as the cut off rank changes every year. So, you must contact to the University to get the exact details about it.
10th September 2019, 07:10 PM
Unregistered

Can I take any subject?
20th September 2019, 02:02 PM
Unregistered

My age is 41 now. Is it possible to get PhD admission in IIT and IISc.
1st October 2019, 10:34 PM
Unregistered

I am m.com.want to do PhD in commerce so need guidance how should I go about it please help I want to do distance learning because I m also housewife.
6th October 2019, 11:06 AM
Unregistered

I already have a PhD in microbiology. However, now I'd like to register for PhD in Economics. Do I have to take GATE for admission?
Thank you!
14th October 2019, 04:46 PM
Unregistered

I am doing job since 10 years now i want to do phd in science i have done post graduation in bioinformatics my age is 36
11th January 2020, 08:44 PM
Unregistered

PhD in English insambalpur university. Sess 2020-2021
10th October 2020, 12:51 PM
Unregistered

I did my MSC NANOTECHOLOGY AND I AM WORKING AS PROJECT ASSSOCIATE IN IIT MADRAS AND I WANT KNOW CAREER OPTION FOR ME IN THIS FEILD
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?