11th March 2018, 11:15 AM
Unregistered

Is there any difficulty to get admission in PhD(Physics) if having academic gaps?

Hello, I am studying in M.Sc(Physics). I have completed 12th and drop a year then take admission in B.Sc(Physics) the again I have a gap of 1 year after my Graduation for M.Sc progam. So, I face some difficulties for admission in PhD(Physics) admission?

22nd April 2018, 03:50 PM
Ishaquekhan
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is there any difficulty to get admission in PhD(Physics) if having academic gaps?

There is no issue if you have an academic gap of 1 year to study M.Sc course after your B.Sc program.
Since, you have completed your M.Sc course, you are very much eligible to opt for the Ph.D course in the relevant field.
Candidates those who have completed their Masters degree in Science from a recognized University with a minimum of 55% of marks in it are eligible to opt for the Ph.D course in the relevant field. You must have to qualify in the NET examination to get admission in different Universities for Ph.D course.
24th April 2018, 07:30 PM
ahmedfaiyaz
Senior Member+++

Default Re: Is there any difficulty to get admission in PhD(Physics) if having academic gaps?

No, you will not have any difficulties in getting admission for PhD course after completion of masters degree course even if you have 1 or 2 years of academic gaps. All that matter is your aggregate marks in your masters degree course and your performance in NET entrance examination which is taken by the candidate who is willing to do PhD course.
Candidates those who have completed masters degree with a minimum of 55% marks from a recognized university, are eligible to apply for NET entrance examination.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?