21st February 2017, 01:55 PM
Unregistered

What is the age limit followed for doing Ph.D?

Respected Sir/Mam, I want to know age limit of Ph.D actual I am centre govt servant and I retired next year.. My age after retirement became 38 years so please tell me. Can I do Ph.D after my job to apply for another job again soon? Awaiting for the response.

Related Questions:
  1. After MA what is the eligibility to do PhD? Age limit for Lecturer job in government school?
  2. Is there any age limit to do PhD? Detailed information about admission?
  3. Can I study PhD in Journalism if completed in Area Studies? Age limit to apply for it? Possibility to get job after completing PhD in Journalism?
  4. Marks required to pursue PhD? Can someone be Lecturer in government college after PhD? Age limit for it?
  5. Can a B.Tech. student apply for B.Ed. Course? -- [Most Discussed]
  6. Minimum marks required in M.Phil to study PhD in History? Total fee and age limit to do PhD?
  7. In which entrance exam I have to appear for admission in Ph.D? Procedure to apply and age limit?
  8. Age limit to apply for PhD in Food Technology course at Bidhan Chandra Krishi Viswa Vidyalaya?
  9. Procedure to get admission without scholarship for Ph.D in Human Geography at Guru Ghasidas University? Age limit for admission?
  10. List of colleges with fee expense which offer correspondence PhD in Eco-Tourism in West Bengal? Procedure and age limit to apply?
  11. Age limit to apply for PhD (Interdisciplinary Courses) at Jamia Millia Islamia? Fee expenses of this PhD?
  12. Top 10 universities doing PhD in Urdu? Age limit to apply?
  13. Detailed information and age limit to apply for PhD in Social Science & Humanities course in IIT, Chennai?
  14. Any possibility of extension of Upper Age limit in WBCS Exams from 2017?
  15. What is the age limit required to pursue Ph.D through UGC NET?
  16. Age limit to apply for Ph.D Hindi?
  17. Qualification, age limit and process for doing PhD having passed UGC NET in 2004? -- [New]
  18. How to start career in the field of research? Entry criteria and scope?

22nd February 2017, 05:25 PM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the age limit followed for doing Ph.D?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Respected Sir/Mam, I want to know age limit of Ph.D actual I am centre govt servant and I retired next year.. My age after retirement became 38 years so please tell me. Can I do Ph.D after my job to apply for another job again soon? Awaiting for the response.
There is no age limit to pursue PhD in India. The candidates who have obtained Master’s Degree in the concerned subject with at least 55% marks are eligible to do PhD in India. The admission will be done on the basis of their performance in the PhD Entrance Test and Personal Interview. Candidates who are NET/SET/GATE qualified in the same subject may be exempted from the entrance test conducted by the university. Candidates of any age can do PhD in India. So, you can do PhD in India, if you met the above eligibility criteria.

22nd February 2017, 06:00 PM
pearlrana
Senior Member+++++

Eligibility criteria for doing Ph.D

The candidate should have passed masters degree with above 55% marks from recognised University are eligible for Ph.D entrance exam. For SC/ ST candidate its 50% and above in masters degree

Age criteria for doing Ph.D

There is no age criteria for doing Ph.D course

So, you are eligible for doing Ph.D course at the age of 38 years.

22nd February 2017, 07:08 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

There isn't any upper age limit for Ph.D and other research related programs. In fact, most of the master level degrees too, don't have any upper age limit.

Hence, you can surely apply for admission, if you are 38 years old. Just make sure you are well prepared for written exam and interview.

22nd February 2017, 10:20 PM
mrdangerous
Member+

Educational qualification:- The candidate should have passed masters degree from a recognised University with at least 55% marks are eligible to apply for PhD course.

Age criteria:-

There is no age criteria to do PhD course.

23rd February 2017, 10:25 PM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

Basically there is no certain age criteria required in order to do Ph.D program. You must have to follow a certain procedure in order to be eligible for doing this program. You must have studied Post Graduation or Master's Degree in the concerned stream in which you are willing to do Ph.D from a recognized university with minimum 60% marks. There is no certain age criteria as far as my best knowledge is concerned.

23rd February 2017, 10:26 PM
Ishaquekhan
Senior Member+++++

I am happy to tell you that definitely you can apply for the Ph.D course at this instant being 38 years old. If you have completed your Masters degree, you can apply for Ph.D course.
Candidates those who have completed their Masters degree from a recognised University with a minimum of 55% of marks in it are eligible to opt for the Ph.D course.
There is no age criteria for Ph.D course.

24th February 2017, 12:13 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post

Those candidates who have completed masters degree with above 55% marks from a recognized university are eligible for Ph.D entrance exam. For SC/ST candidate its 50% and above in masters degree.

There are no age criteria.

For Ph.D admission, you should have GATE or UGC NET or CSIR NET score card.

Do you have any question? or have anything to say?