14th February 2017, 01:35 PM
Unregistered

What is the criteria to become a scientist after class 12th?

Good morning Sir , I am Pratibha, my brother want to become a scientist . So please help me to give some guidance for become a scientist and what is the maximum mark eligible for scientist after completing 12th standard ? and tell me some qualification of scientist ?
my mail id is [email protected].
my mobile number is 917598246293.

15th February 2017, 10:01 PM
MerajAmir
Senior Member+

Default Re: What is the criteria to become a scientist after class 12th?

To become a scientist the candidate must have obtain minimum 60% marks in his/her class 12 then the candidate have to earn a bachelor's degree after completing bachelor degree the candidate have to obtain the master degree after that the candidate have to get himself/herself for doctorate program or for PhD program then the candidate have to pursue career advancement program and finally have to do researches and then the candidate can earn the title of a Scientist.
15th February 2017, 10:33 PM
pearlrana
Senior Member+++++

No, you are not eligible to become a Scientist after class 12th:-

To become a scientist you must have Ph.D Degree. So for Ph.D degree firstly you pass the graduation and then after post graduation you are eligible for PhD degree.

The list of colleges for PhD course:-

IIT

NIT

IISC

NISER

IISER

TIFR

PCIT

IIS etc.
16th February 2017, 01:18 PM
Jits56
Senior Member++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Good morning Sir , I am Pratibha, my brother want to become a scientist . So please help me to give some guidance for become a scientist and what is the maximum mark eligible for scientist after completing 12th standard ? and tell me some qualification of scientist ?
my mail id is [email protected].
my mobile number is 917598246293.
To become a scientist first you have to choose the subject and then study the subject in graduation and post graduation. There are various fields are there like medical field, computer, electronics, agriculture, mechanical, geology, metallurgy, geophysics, textiles, civil, communication etc. After completion of post graduation you can do research in the subject to become a scientist. The interest and passion you should possess will be useful for you to pursue your career. To study PhD you have to sit for an entrance examination and interview. Candidates qualified NET/SET/GATE will be exempted from the entrance examination conducted by the university.
16th February 2017, 02:21 PM
AshitaBanerjee

Scientists have different streams so one needs to decide his/hers. So basically he will need to do a 4years Bachelors degree on the desired stream followed by Masters in the same from a good university.You'll need to be well specialized in mathematics scientists in the physical sciences use a great deal of mathematics. Seek an internship, your university can arrange it for you.
Next you need to consider a Doctoral degree,where you have to do researches, write thesis and defending the thesis to a council of scholars.
Lastly you need to pursue career advancement. Your experience will lead you to a better placement.
16th February 2017, 02:28 PM
zahedrocks
Senior Member+++++

I am sorry to say that you are not eligible to become a scientist just after completing your 12th standard. Becoming a scientist is not that easy. You have to complete your graduation at first then you have to complete master's degree and then PhD. After that you have to get into research field and start doing different types of research. After a couple of successful researches only you can become a scientist.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?