14th February 2017, 01:35 PM
Unregistered

Can I pursue Ph.D and B.Ed at the same time?

Can I do Ph.D and B.Ed (through distance education) together? I am enrolled in Ph.D programme and have done my course work as well but I want to do B.Ed also. Is it possible? Please help me out.

15th February 2017, 09:49 PM
MerajAmir
Senior Member+

Default Re: Can I pursue Ph.D and B.Ed at the same time?

No, you cannot pursue two course at the same time as it is illegal to purse two course at the same time at first you have to complete your B.ED degree then you can pursue PhD. to pursue B.Ed the candidate must have minimum 50% in his/her class 12 and to pursue PhD the candidate needs a minimum of 55% marks in Master's degree for general candidate and for a candidate who is other than general like OBC/SC/ST minimum marks required is 50% in Master's degree.
15th February 2017, 10:20 PM
Ishaquekhan
Senior Member+++++

I am sorry to say that you cannot pursue Ph.D and B.Ed course at the same time as it not possible.
You can opt any one of the course at a time and once after completing the said course, you can opt the other course.
So, if you are enrolled for the Ph.D course, then complete your Ph.D and after that you can pursue your B.Ed course.
16th February 2017, 02:04 PM
AshitaBanerjee

Officially you cannot but secretly you can. Before reaching a higher degree course you have to go through an undergraduate course. P.hd is a doctorate course and takes a long period to get over. Being a doctorate course it will be a full high and needs a lot of research and hardwork. It depends on how ou manage it. B.Ed requires lots of practical works which should be completed within the deadlines. You will get better knowledge if you do B.Ed on a regular course basis because practical knowledge is very much essential.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?