24th July 2016, 07:11 PM
Unregistered

What is the eligibility criteria required to apply for ICMR examination for PhD 1st year candidate?

I am currently pursuing my PhD Degree (1st year) and want to know that can I apply for ICMR examination now. So, kindly provide me the related information about it as soon as possible. Can someone please provide me the complete details on the same?

Thank you!

Related Questions:
  1. Detailed information and eligibility to apply in IISC Integrated PhD entrance exam for M.Sc 1st year candidate?
  2. Eligibility and criteria to apply for PhD in India or Abroad?
  3. Eligibility criteria of Ph.D in Nutrition at NIN/ICMR? Syllabus of ICMR-JRF entrance exam?
  4. How can I become a CID officer? -- [Most Discussed]
  5. Can I apply for Ph.D in Veterinary Toxicology/Pharmacology as a service candidate if working in ICMR?
  6. Am I eligible to apply for OPENMAT being a BBA final semester student?
  7. How to appear for CDS examination after passing BSc 1st year? What is the eligibility criteria? Percentage required in 12th?
  8. Which course I have to take for Indian Police Service?
  9. How can I join SCRA being a 17 years old 12th Science student?
  10. Eligibility for appearing in JEE 2017
  11. Can a MSc microbiology person do Ph.D in analytical chemistry with the help of experience in the given field?
  12. Is it better to do M.Tech and then Ph.D after M.Sc Information Technology? Will I have to sit in GATE or NET for it? -- [New]
  13. Am I eligible to appear in ICMR-JRF being a student of M.Tech 1st year? For how many years the result of ICMR-JRF is valid? Number of attempts available for ICMR-JRF?
  14. What is the eligibility criteria required to apply for IAS after graduation?
  15. What is the procedure to get admission in PhD Biotechnology? What is the eligibility criteria required for admission?
  16. How to do Ph.D after passing MSc Microbiology
  17. Can I become a lecturer in history college after MA in history?
  18. Am i eligible to take up DO exam of LIC? Where to get the application forms?
5th August 2016, 06:19 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the eligibility criteria required to apply for ICMR examination for PhD 1st year candidate?

You need a masters degree in relevant field with at least 55% marks from a recognized university or institute for ICMR JRF exam. Age should be below 28 years if you want to appear for this exam.

There is relaxation of 5% marks for reserved category and age relaxation of also available. Hence, your Ph.D qualification is definitely not required for it. You just need a relevant post graduation degree.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?