14th December 2015, 10:56 PM
Unregistered

How can I join SCRA being a 17 years old 12th Science student?

Hi Friends,
I am 17 years old 12th student studying with Science stream. I want to join SCRA. Can you help me to know that how I can join SCRA? Please help me with this.

12th January 2016, 08:29 PM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How can I join SCRA being a 17 years old 12th Science student?

You are eligible to apply for SCRA (Special Class Railway Apprentice) Examination being a 12th Class candidate. The basic educational qualification required to be eligible for appearing in SCRA Examination is "12th Class" from a recognized university in 10+2 pattern. Since you are pursuing 12th Class, I am sure you are certainly eligible to appear in SCRA Examination being a 17 years old candidate. Here are the basic eligibility criteria required for SCRA Exam. SCRA 2016 recruitment notification will be issued in the month of February every year and the conduct of this SCRA Examination to be held in the month of July every year. So I suggest you to keep visiting UPSC website for latest updates.

>> Candidates must have passed in the 1st or 2nd division, the intermediate or its equivalent examination from a recognized university with Mathematics and minimum one of the subjects Physics and Chemistry as subjects of the examination.

>> Minimum Age Required - 17 years (as on 1st August of the year of Exam)

>> Maximum Age Allowed - 21 years (as on 1st August of the year of Exam)
15th January 2016, 11:08 PM
queen199
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How can I join SCRA being a 17 years old 12th Science student?

SCRA stands for Special Class Railway Apprentice Examination. This examination is no more conducted by Union Public Service Commission.

So, there is no possibility for you to join SCRA as it is not conducted now after Indian Railways to withold this exam.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?