12th July 2016, 09:40 AM
Unregistered

What is the procedure followed to do Ph.D from IIT after completion of M.Sc in Physics?

How can I do PHD from iit after completing MSC in physics from other university? Can you please let me know the procedure which is followed for the same? It will be helpful if you can provide me the details soon on this. Thanks!

Related Questions:
  1. Can I study PhD in Physics at IIT being a M.Sc 1st year student? List of institutes which offer PhD in Physics program in India?
  2. Can I study PhD in IIT after completion of M.Sc(Physics)?
  3. Am I eligible to do Ph.D in Physics in part time without completion of master's degree? -- [Most Discussed] -- [New]
  4. After M.Sc is there any scope to do PhD from IIT? Information about leading institutes in India where PhD can be done?
  5. How to be an astronaut after 12th commerce with Maths? -- [Most Discussed]
  6. What is the eligibility criteria followed for doing Ph.D in India and aborad based on GATE and CSIR? doing M.Sc Genetics after completion of B.Pharm after completion of M.Sc course?
  7. Admission procedure to study PhD(Physics) in IIT-Delhi for a UGC JRF qualifier?
  8. Does ISRO offer PhD in Physics course to M.Sc candidate? Procedure to apply?
  9. ISRO offers PhD in Physics course to M.Sc candidate? Procedure to apply?
  10. What are the post graduate courses in biomedical engineering?
  11. How and where can I join PhD in Industrial Biotechnology? Name of institutes and their requirements?
  12. What is the procedure followed to do Ph.D Chemistry in IIT?
  13. Can I direct give the entrance test of IIAP after my class 12th? What is the eligibility?
  14. What should I do after completion of M.Sc IT? Can I go for M.Tech or Ph.D course?
  15. How to get enrolled in IIT for MSc in Physics? I am currently pursuing BSc electronics from Delhi University
  16. Which Physics related subject should I choose for PhD?
  17. Am I eligible to do Ph.D after completion of M.Sc Computer Science?
  18. Procedure to get scholarship for PhD in Physics?
12th July 2016, 10:01 PM
Ishaquekhan
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the procedure followed to do Ph.D from IIT after completion of M.Sc in Physics?

After the completion of M.Sc in Physics, candidates can pursue Ph.D as they are eligible for it.
Now to do Ph.D in Physics, candidates first need to appear in the UGC NET examination, qualifying in which they can get admission for Ph.D courses.
The eligibility criteria required to appear in the UGC NET examination is that a candidate must have completed Master's Degree course from a recognised University with 55% of marks.
There is no age criteria for NET examination.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?