View Poll Results: Do you support Reservations?

Yes 171 25.45%
No 501 74.55%
Voters: 672. You may not vote on this poll

17th April 2010, 01:23 PM
rajwinder

Default Re: Reservations should be there or not?

Reservations should not be there . There should be equal fight for everything. Reservation omites meaning of achievement.So we should follow '' NO PAIN NO GAIN''
18th April 2010, 11:45 PM
anand rai

as per my opinion their should be support to sc,st upto basic education and it should be 10/12th standard. now govt. itself passed a bill in which right of education is for every one. it is also a positive sign for upliftment of every such gp which are nt standing in front line, bt in higher education reservation must not be gvn reason it effect system, at last we should nt forget the reality that we are living in era of globalisation where we can beat to other on behalf of trnd and well qualified human poll which we can opt only through open compt. where every one get place accrd. to it's capacity.weaker section should assit. on economical grnd and on coaching/training for prperation of compt. bt fight should always fair
27th April 2010, 03:37 AM
navtej_6681

yes..im in favor of reservation...these people are neglected by society through thousand of years by upper caste people,..and only way for them to uplift is the education.remember one think,these are we who made the circumstantes for reservation..
2nd May 2010, 10:25 PM
Unregistered

there should be no reservations or it should be applied to eveyone bcoz everyone is equal.
3rd May 2010, 11:13 AM

No reservation is required only on the basis of merit.
4th May 2010, 01:00 PM
reenu

No . reservation is a bad concept . i dont agree with it . in this way the students having potential are not getting chances. like in medical. we talk about equality . it shud be for everyone .
12th May 2010, 06:32 PM
vijay333

Quote:
Originally Posted by navtej_6681 View Post
yes..im in favor of reservation...these people are neglected by society through thousand of years by upper caste people,..and only way for them to uplift is the education.remember one think,these are we who made the circumstantes for reservation..
yes u r good ,reservation should blocked to total family one who has already gain advantage in gov jobs in higer category & it is not spreding to lower sections of the same back ground
14th May 2010, 12:02 PM
vibhaviswanathan

A platform to face the competition should be provided to the backward classes by arranging training programmes etc...But judging a person on the basis of caste is unfair.....
15th May 2010, 12:19 PM
Bhawna chaudhary

I m nt agree with the reservation coz due to reservations able students are not getting chance .there must be eqality for everyone
16th May 2010, 12:55 PM

An essential topic to be discuused publicly.many meritorious students lose university positions,jobs on the basis of reservation.the aim of india to provide equal educational opportunities to all seems no meaning when reservation is followed.so,in my point of view the students can be helped by giving low interest bank loans,or other welfare schemes from government.the reservation do serve good for certain,but think about a student who lost top colleage seat because of this?
16th May 2010, 06:51 PM
sweta dubey

well me in person is totally against reservation.. reservation as a concept is mostly for the needies but now a days it can be clearly seen powerful parties taking advantages. equality in all respect should persist...
16th May 2010, 10:51 PM
raguks

Lightbulb Re: Reservations should be there or not?

reservations for people with caste being the only criteria for selection should be stopped ....people should be selected only on the basis of their talents....it will be nice if our govt provides interestless loans for those without financial support rather than giving way to castesim...more people will get the benefit....
17th May 2010, 12:11 AM
inderpal singh chahal

Thumbs up Re: Reservations should be there or not?

Quote:
Originally Posted by anurag kumar View Post
Good topic for disscussion.
I totally appreciate you and your thought.
In my opinion I vote for the no reservation in any institute or jobs
i believe that if reservation is there quality will suffer,as good students will not get through,and the mediocre(ie reserved) will get through .And in nutshell quality of nation suffer.
17th May 2010, 01:19 AM
saswata06

I think there should be reservation on the basis of people who don't have financial strength but not on the basis of any caste or religion.
17th May 2010, 02:34 AM
Prats

I too agree with the fact that if reservation has to be there then it should be completely based upon the economic background of a student....and not on his caste.....sometimes the higher minds of India are from economically backward families...in such cases it is impossible for a student to think of getting a proper and higher education.....as we can see... in Today's lifestyle the total expenditure for studies ranging from buying Books to the Tuition/coaching/school fees and examination fees is too high to be easily afford by a poor family...!!
17th May 2010, 08:56 AM
Harshita21

I am not in favor of reservation because due to this some eligible students do not get their right place & general category students faces problem.

Today BC,CS/ST people are every where,all of them are on higher post now they do not require reservation.
They have money,power,reputaion in society.

In today's life finding job is very tuff & 50 % of them are reserve for SC,BC.

There should be no reservation.
21st May 2010, 12:04 PM
tvscity

Current reservation system is completely meaningless,because it just support the politics only not the person who is in need of it.
So i think there should not be any reservation depending on the cust,but it should be given to those who deserve it, eg. a boy who have great skill but can not further stydy because of his poverty, so in that case he should be help with money not by reserve a seat, thats all
thank you
24th May 2010, 11:57 PM
kaushu
Senior Member++++

I guess there are a lot of people who really need it.

So there should be reservation, but to some extent only.

But as we see that we can point out numerous type of reservations in every field, thats not good, infact its working as a reverse gear in the country's development.

So, reservation should be there only for the ones who really need it.
1st June 2010, 07:02 PM
nikita_gigi

Reservation is the burning topic of India.I think reservation is necessary for the society which were exploited in the past,they were constrained form coming up and opportunities were equal to nil so reservation could help somewhat to improve their standard of living.but this have to keep in mind that India does not only consist of this handfull people other people also live in India and hence their benefit should also be take into mind.So in my opinion because of reservation there should be no harm to students who belong to both the communities
1st June 2010, 08:57 PM

Thumbs down Re: Reservations should be there or not?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sushma bejgum View Post
As all of us know that at many stages in our life we usually face the effect of reservation on our lives.
So why can't we make a poll on reservatons whether to be there or not and there consequences.
Reservation doesn't play role for general categories. Its only useful for Schedule caste and schedule tribes and even to the OBC( other backward classes). As we all knew the reservation to the OBCs for admission to the DU. Just not good for all.
1st June 2010, 10:33 PM
Arunima Chakraborty

very pleased to know that somebody share the same view with me........... in every field there is reservation......... this makes me sometimes wonder do we really live in a secular state????
2nd June 2010, 01:42 AM
RABBIT

Exclamation Re: Reservations should be there or not?

Reservation is just a vote bank for politicians.The true brain power can't come before.....that is hid in the dark clouds of reservation.The meritorius students don't get the seats and students with less marks get the seat.this is totally unfair..only needy like PD should be given chance.Others should be given help either economical or academic...the vacant reserved seats remain empty.
3rd June 2010, 06:00 PM
jyotitiwari08

when we talk abt reservation there r conflicting views of people.why should we have reservation. why can't the country remove the name like sc ,st ,general.why??? people should be admitted to different institute on the basis of there qualification but not on which cast they belong. due to reservation the good quality people do not get admitted and non deserving get so. this some how creates the disunity and hates between diffent groups.this is the only means of politicians to get intract with people.so why can't our constitution changes this system.this hides the good quality and the nation do not get the quality they want.
6th June 2010, 01:37 AM
veenu jain

Quote:
Originally Posted by sushma bejgum View Post
As all of us know that at many stages in our life we usually face the effect of reservation on our lives.
So why can't we make a poll on reservatons whether to be there or not and there consequences.
As all of us know..in India reservation rules the roost...waiting for the day when performance would be the only criteria........
If this continues then the OC students will always have to suffer...
15th June 2010, 10:17 PM
raghav*

No, there shouln't be any kind of reservation, everyone is equal.
And there are only negative affects of it in todays world.
So, no reservation.
16th June 2010, 10:20 PM
ankita sehrawat

reservations have now become a menace to our society.it should not be there .those days are gone when the lower caste people used to be opressed by upper caste people.now the times have changed and we have entered 21st century and we should give equal opportunities to every single child of our country to perform ,let the best man wins as the saying goes.
17th June 2010, 08:06 AM
Bhavya Raj

Post Re: Reservations should be there or not?

no reservation should be there ,whwn the reservation is stopped the india will automatically become a developed country.
21st June 2010, 01:41 PM
VINODH PANCHAPAKESAN

No .Reservations creates a break in diversity . Reservations makes the statements "Right for everyone","Unity in Diversity" meaningless. Everyone should be given equal rights and the same should be implemented. So, an Act should be passed by the Government in order to avoid/stop reservation scheme in near future.
21st June 2010, 11:18 PM
Unregistered

obviously no.there are thousands of students working hard day in and day out to get into these premiere institutes.in such cases how can certain class of students get into it so easily...
i hav seeen many cases where reservation canditate get admission easily while the general candidate having 10 times more marks than that res. cand. does not get admis. its so unfair....they should be given fees refund if they required.....but seat reservation is unfair....
22nd June 2010, 08:43 PM
VISHAL123456789

Reservation must be like jo hai, jahan hai, jaisa hai condition.
There must be reservation.
In fact 0.5 % more reservation must also be there since government gives only 49.5 % in institutions and jobs.
24th June 2010, 12:33 PM
Unregistered

RESERVATION MUST BE THERE.
IN FACT 0.5 % RESERVATION MUST ALSO BE GIVEN BY CENTRAL GOVERNMENT SINCE ONLY 49.5 % RESERVATION IS GIVEN BY THEM.
24th June 2010, 02:28 PM
Unregistered

no ,it hamper the progess of india.Ithink sc/st ppl should given reservation from 1st to 12th standard &they should come up with there own ability .
26th June 2010, 09:45 PM
Mickey_bond

reservations are meant for the people who are either below poverty line or disabled in certain manner......but in actual most of the cases are seen where an above average student is in a low level college whereas a child with less intelligence is given a higher priority even when the child is of better financial status only because of reservations......
27th June 2010, 01:21 AM
Mrs_Praveen_Gola
Senior Member+++++

reservations are necessary so that there must be higher literacy level in a developing country like INDIA
1st July 2010, 11:00 AM
snipyric

Angry Re: Reservations should be there or not?

reservation just deprive the deserving students from what they really should have and most of undeserving lot uses this as blessing get away with the prize they dont really deserve
1st July 2010, 11:05 AM
kryp+ony+

I think reservation should not be there.If government wants to uplift the scheduled tribes and cast then this is not the correct way of doing it.
To facilitate them they can give finical aid or proper training so that they can also stand at par with other candidates.
Keeping reserved seats is not only unjustified but it also create divide on the basis of casts.
So, thats not fair..
1st July 2010, 01:18 PM
RMR111

I THINK THE WHOLE FACE OF THE RESERVATION MUST BE CHANGED.THAT IS THERE ARE SO MANY INTELLIGENT POOR STUDENTS IN OUR COUNTRY WHO CANNOT AFFORD FOR HIGHER EDUCATIONS.ALTHOUGH GOVERNMENT IS GIVING LOTS OF SCHOLARSHIPS ,IT IS NOT REACHING THE NEEDY.SO MANY MERIT STUDENTS ARE FIGHTING,STRUGGLING TO GET SEATS IN PREMIER INSTITUTIONS LIKE IIT's, AND THE STUDENTS WITH RESERVATION ARE GETTING THE SEATS EASILY EVENTHOUGH THEY ARE SCORINNG THE LEAST MARKS.THIS MEANINGLESS RESERVATION MUST BE COINED AS JUST THE ATTRACTION OF THE VOTE BANKS.SO, RESERVATION SHOULD BE ABOLISHED ATLEAST FOR ADMISSIONS TO PREMIER INSTITUTIONS THUS MAINTAINING THE UPMOST STANDARS OF INTITUTIONS. A NEW SYSTEM OF SCHOLARSHIP MUST BE INTRODUCED INSTEAD OF RESERVATION TO HELP THE RIGHT AND NEEDY ONES.
1st July 2010, 02:09 PM
AMANDEEP SINGH ATTRI

No , there is no need of reservation....................................... .................................................. ....................................
1st July 2010, 04:17 PM
umama ahmed

its good that someone like you is intrested in this kind of topic.

well according to me i think there should be reservations for the people who actually need it. Its not like having reservations for someone else and its been reserved for others. I prefer the reservation must be alloted to correct and neede people as it helps the nation in having good no. of educated and employed people and the children and adults who can't afford huge amount of fees for education will be motivated and encouraged.

well this also help the children to dream ans achieve their dreams....
2nd July 2010, 01:26 AM
abhilasha shah

Arrow Re: Reservations should be there or not?

well i thing that reservation should not be there because may be all of us belong to different castes but our brains do not work according to our caste. there is no caste system with our brains......
2nd July 2010, 11:54 AM
Malsi

Thumbs down Re: Reservations should be there or not?

A general merit studnt scores 49% for medical in his 12th and a scst o ne odr OBC class studnt scorz d same....D GM candidate is not eligibl wer as d reservation candidate getz a medicl seat and becumz a doctor...
When you dont hav d affinity for a stream den you shudnt opt it thru diz reservation means....
Government is spoiling country's future by having reservation in education...
Those whu are not capable of bein wat dey are and the whole system getz upside down!!!

I have a big NOO for diz reservation thing
3rd July 2010, 10:24 AM
rchitikala

yes
i support reservation
if it is in helpful manner it should not according to caste it should be according to the richness of the family
for example a poor open category person should get more reservation than a rich sc, st ,bc or others .
then i will support reservation
4th July 2010, 03:37 PM
Madhur Walia

reservations should not be there on the basis of cast.
government should setup any other criteria for reservations for eg. on the basis of economical background.
due to this cast system many of deserving candidates lag behind........
so no reservations!!!!
5th July 2010, 11:19 PM
NISAMTI

hi..i think the reservation must be there for the students who come from rural areas..these days they are going to know the importance of education ...to encourage them..reservations and scholarships must be there..and scholarships for the students who are merits at any level of stage..and now...in a state,the government have planned to give fee re-ambarsment for the students who are merits and finanicially backward..so,this is very good plan..
6th July 2010, 08:46 PM
amartya

i think there is no point to have reservation for st, sc and many more caste...
it is very heart broking when we came to know that for the general category the student must have attained 85% in the examination whereas the sc and st enjoys to be on 74%.. now just tell have government done any fair justice with the people?
govt thinks reservation is the good idea to gain people interest into their parties and they will be voted at the time of election.. it is just a matter of politics..
i am really oppose to the reservation where the student's capabilities are not judged but their caste is being given the preference.. so i will vote for no as many times as i can.
8th July 2010, 07:39 AM
gohan4

HI
In today's world there is no requirement of
reservation it takes away the opportunities from bright and scholar
student to studies in good collage which is not good for country if eligible can't get it and
non eligible enjoying it .
8th July 2010, 09:34 AM
Unregistered

RESERVATION MUST BE THERE IN FACT GOVERNMENT MUST GIVE MORE RESERVATION TO SC, ST & OBC CANDIDATES SINCE THEY ARE MORE THAN GENERAL CANDIDATES.

ONE HAS WRITTEN ABOVE CORRECTLY THAT MORE RESERVATION MUST BE GIVEN BY GOVERNMENT SINCE THEY GIVE ONLY 49.5 % RESEVATION.
9th July 2010, 05:58 PM
chaudharyvishal88

Hello friends,

I know most of the people are not satisfy with my thought but think about it like many of the communities are not physically equal to in comparison of other communities . like if a person belongs to Haryana & one of the person belongs to Himachal they are not physically equal & because of that government of India gives some special reservation qouta for the pepole of hilly areas to join Indian army or Paramiltary forces. i am not saying that every one can get reservation but those people can get reservation by their physical differences not to be get by educational difference..

Thank You Friends
Vishal Chaudhary
12th July 2010, 08:00 AM
nillu
Senior Member+

Yes, reservation should be there but its criteria should be changed that is it should based on the basis of the financial condition and not on the caste as it is now.
There are many poor talented students who could not carry on forwards their studies because to education has become too costly for common man
So resvation should be there or weaker section of society and it should be implementede properly.
12th July 2010, 04:48 PM
Unregistered

Yes there shall be some sort of reservation for a limited number of times for every Indian in the present days.

It should be limited to a maximum of 3 occassions. It should be usable by every Indian for the following purposes only.

1. For admission into a course of education once in life time.

2. For grant of a scholarship that shall continue till completion of education that one pursues as long as he/she studies with a minimum of 55% in a vertically upward course structure once in life time.

3. For one employment opportunity in one's life time.

4. For one transfer in employement location from one place to another place (preferably to serve parents or to meet family requirements).

These opportunities should be available to every person and all other types of caste based and economics based reservations should be abolished.

The back side of the X Class certificate should be used for recording the instances of availing the above reservations and if any person utilises one such opportunity then it should be permanently made unavailable for the second time.

This way every one can have a decent share of the benefits of reservation once in life time for four occasions.

I am for such type of reservations.

Regards,
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?