7th February 2017, 04:48 PM
Unregistered

Will I get benefit of reservation if belongs to a Hindu Nair caste?

I belong to Hindu -Nair caste. It is an upper caste among Hindus. My annual income is 10000. Will I get any reservation in NEET exam and MBBS admission. Which category I belong to ?

8th February 2017, 08:53 PM
Ishaquekhan
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Will I get benefit of reservation if belongs to a Hindu Nair caste?

I am sorry to say that there is no reservation for you as you belong to an upper caste in Hindu religion. If you belong to any backward class like SC, ST or OBC, then you can get reservation for the NEET examination.
Since you does not belong to any of the backward classes mentioned above, you have to fill the application form as a general candidate.
9th February 2017, 04:33 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

It depends on the list of central and state government, which decides whether your caste is eligible for reservation or not. Only SC/ST and OBC category castes are eligible for reservation.

If Nair caste is listed under central and state government list of SC/ST or OBC, then you will get benefit of reservation.
9th February 2017, 05:18 PM
Sameerthapar123

First of all I must clarify something, no entrance exams have a reservation quota. Thus, no paper is going to be set differently for different castes or no caste is going to be given less or more marks on the basis of their caste.
The reservations are for the cut-off for the test. Also, reservations are given by the colleges you want to take admission in(only few of them, not all).
Thus, as far as NEET exam is concerned, there are no special seats or any sort of a reservation for any caste or religion of people.
It is a nationwide exam that gives you admission in a number of top level colleges.
As far as MBBS is concerned, the reservations depend upon the college you try to join.
As you are from a Hindu upper caste you definitely cannot opt for a minority quota.
Thus, probably the only reservations you can get are south Indian reservations subject to the college you try to take admission in(i.e only south Indian colleges).
Though your income is low, you can still not apply for a non-creamy layer of the OBC category as you must be an OBC for that to happen.
4th October 2018, 11:11 PM
Unregistered

I uses Nambiar as surname but i belong to caste which comes under SC list, will i get the benefit.
8th October 2019, 05:21 PM
Unregistered

I am sindhis from panjwanis so does it comes in singer caste
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?