25th September 2012, 09:15 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible for custom house agent after passing graduation with 50% marks

I am sience graduate but my marks in graduation is less than 50% but i am also law graduate and my percentage in LLB 58 %, here my question is that am i eligible for custom house agent.

7th December 2012, 11:00 AM
Unregistered

Default Re: Am I eligible for custom house agent after passing graduation with 50% marks

Is it mandatory to have working experience in Custom to appear in CHA exam if I have an MBA degree.
9th February 2013, 02:24 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: Am I eligible for custom house agent after passing graduation with 50% marks

I have passed the B category exam of Custom House Agent in 1992. I surrendered the Pass on 1995. Am I eligible to attend the A category exam now?
11th February 2013, 12:08 PM
Unregistered

WHAT IS THE QUALIFICATION FOR BECOME CUSTOM HOUSE AGENT
6th March 2013, 11:30 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I am sience graduate but my marks in graduation is less than 50% but i am also law graduate and my percentage in LLB 58 %, here my question is that am i eligible for custom house agent.
Yes you are. You should first write a CHA exam and get the licence. Find out the date of application fill it prepare for the examination and pass it then you have orals examination also which is ver tough you have to pass that also after which a licence will be give to you from the government. But before doing all that get a year or two years experience in the field. The study material will be easy as you have done Law you have to know the customs act 1962
23rd August 2013, 06:41 PM
Unregistered

hello sir
sir im doing mba
mujhse mba ki subject me karni chahiy ki main CHA exam de sakti hu.
or iske sath mujhe or kya karna chahiy cha exam k liy
11th February 2014, 09:42 AM
Unregistered

hello sir,

i have complete B.com form commerce side & MBA Prescusing & i am working
please tell us i have CHA exam or not
24th February 2014, 12:52 AM
priya_2011

Thumbs up Re: Am I eligible for custom house agent after passing graduation with 50% marks

Quote:
hello sir,

i have complete B.com form commerce side & MBA Prescusing & i am working
please tell us i have CHA exam or not

You can appear only after you complete the MBA, you should have a proof to show that you have completed MBA, degree/mark sheet at the time of applying the exam else they will reject your application.

Also you should start preparing for the exam because you can use the full 11 months as you are working and therefore will have less time to prepare for exam.

You can buy the CHA Exam Guide from bhargava books and download the customs law 1962 from GOVT website and also refer book on international trade from your MBA college library.
24th July 2014, 09:12 AM
Unregistered

As you said now about the qualification, the BA graduate is not eligible to sit for the CHA entrance?
28th July 2014, 10:57 AM
priya_2011

Quote:
If you have completed your LLB you can appear for the CHA exam. Graduation score below 50% has nothing to do with it. There is no minimum required percentage.
21st August 2014, 12:39 PM
Unregistered

I am graduate with 55% marks (B.Com), after that i have done MBA in Finance from Symbiosis Pune with 60% marks.
Am i eligible for CHA exam, if yes, please confirm me the procedure of the filling the form for CHA and also confirm me what will be date of exam n year 2014.
22nd August 2014, 11:27 PM
Unregistered

Thumbs up Re: Am I eligible for custom house agent after passing graduation with 50% marks

Quote:
I am graduate with 55% marks (B.Com), after that i have done MBA in Finance from Symbiosis Pune with 60% marks.
Am i eligible for CHA exam, if yes, please confirm me the procedure of the filling the form for CHA and also confirm me what will be date of exam n year 2014.
Yes you are eligible to appear in the exam since you have completed MBA.

Next Exam date is 30 Jan 2015.

You have to apply in Aug - Sep 2014. Check with your Custom Office in your city. You have to take the form, fill it and submit the required documents. Try talking to BCHAA people and get your book on cha, last years exam papers, custom law ready for studies.
23rd August 2014, 04:17 PM
Unregistered

I am doing ma MBA final year and i will complete my degree by may 2015..whether i can apply for CHA licence now...?and i am not experienced in this field..whether experience is compulsory...?
27th August 2014, 04:37 PM
Unregistered

I AM BCOM GRADUATE PASSED WITH LESS THAN 50% IN YEAR 1998, CAN I APPEAR FOR THE CHA EXAM IS THERE ANY AGE CRITERIA .. AND WHAT IS PROCESS TO APPEAR FOR EXAM.
KINDLY GUIDE
16th November 2014, 07:48 PM
Unregistered

I HAVE DONE MBA. WORKING IN BANK. 33 YEARS OF AGE. WANT TO APPLY FOR CHA. PLS CONFIRM THE PROCEDURE TO BECOME CHA.
17th November 2014, 04:30 PM
priya_2011

Yes Sir you are eligible.
Procedure is as follows:

1. Apply for the licence exam at the customs house in your city. It takes place in January every year.

2. You have to fill up a form, which is available on the customs website, in the public notice section. For example, if you are in Delhi go to www.delhicustoms.gov.in and download it, fill it and submit at the Customs Office, when they ask for it.

3. Prepare for the exam

4. Appear for the written exam followed by the oral exam.

5. On passing both you can get the licence

Simple.
14th March 2015, 12:41 AM
Unregistered

Hi, I am a Bcom graduate with first class. Working in shipping company.
Want to apply for CHA, am I eligible for CHA.

Thanks!
15th July 2015, 10:41 AM
Unregistered

I am a B.COM graduate. no experience. Can I become a Custom Agent? or do i need a diploma in customs? if yes, from where can I do it and what is the duration of the diploma course.
25th July 2015, 09:52 PM
priya_2011

No you are not eligible for the CHA exam, and yes you can do a Diploma course in Custom Clearance and Freight Forwarding to become eligible.

Options are as follows:

a. Garware University, Mumbai:
> Fee Rs 33,000
> Undergraduate level course

b. Uka Tarsadia University, Gujarat:
> Fee Rs 15,000
> Postgraduate level course

Just search for the course on the websites of these 2 universities. Choose the options that work for you.
28th March 2018, 09:48 PM
Unregistered

I have completed Graduation and MBA correspondence. I have MBA degree. but graduation passed /done not received degree but have marksheet and provisional pass certificate..Is there Graduation degree document required to apply.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?