21st June 2015, 01:48 PM
Unregistered

Which is better to do B.Ed or M.A in Economics from PU?

Should i do b ed from pu or m.a economics from pu ? As i am graduate in ba hons economics. And ma has no. Value if ur u gc net is not cleared which is very difficult to qualify as u have to be in top 15 %.

21st June 2015, 04:17 PM
Bestanswerer
Banned

Default Re: Which is better to do B.Ed or M.A in Economics from PU?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Should i do b ed from pu or m.a economics from pu ? As i am graduate in ba hons economics. And ma has no. Value if ur u gc net is not cleared which is very difficult to qualify as u have to be in top 15 %.
Both the B.Ed and MA Economics have very good scope in both the Private and Public sector as well. Your future aspiration and Interest, which decide suitable course for you. So, please think about your Interest and future aspiration before selecting the course.

- If you are interested to make your career in Teaching field, then B.Ed is best for you.
- If you are interested in Economics subject and want to continue your Master Degree in same specialization then M.A Economics is a better choice for you.
21st June 2015, 04:20 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

It all depends on your interest and if you want to become a teacher in schools then definitely go for B.Ed from a good University. For government job as a teacher you have to qualify TET after completion of B.Ed. Therefore, in this case to you have to qualify an exam to get a more secure job. In private schools you can apply for job without qualifying TET but salary will be according to your skills.

If you do M.A Economics then you can apply for lecturer job after qualifying exams like NET/SLET. You can also go for Ph.D after completion of the course. For getting job as a government lecturer you need to qualify exams like NET/SLET.
26th June 2015, 05:05 PM
kunalroy89

Pursuing B.Ed will restrict you solely in school teaching role.Although it is a good field but you cannot move on to other industry despite studying 1more year after Graduation.
With MA Economics you can have flexibility to choose your career line.NET is not the only option for Postgraduate. There are plenty of private and public sector jobs which requires Economic postgraduates.
If you think you will not be able to give your best in govt exams, then you can also go for private companies or in private colleges as lecturer etc.
Read Employment News to know about vacancies of Economics graduates and postgraduates.
19th November 2021, 01:28 AM
Unregistered

I have done my ma in economics can I pursue b.ed or ma English which is best for me
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?