31st December 2014, 12:12 PM
Unregistered

Can I apply for CAT after score good marks in M.Com?

hii ,
i'm mohit i just completed my b.com with 49 %
i know i'm not eligible for cat ,
but after m.com can i apply for
cat if i get good marks in it ....?

1st January 2015, 09:57 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I apply for CAT after score good marks in M.Com?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
hii ,
i'm mohit i just completed my b.com with 49 %
i know i'm not eligible for cat ,
but after m.com can i apply for
cat if i get good marks in it ....?
As per your graduation degree marks, you are not eligible for CAT exam.

CAT stands for Common Admission Test. CAT examination is conducted by IIM's every year for admission in IIM and top level MBA colleges.

Those candidate who have completed graduation degree from a recognized university with above 50% marks are eligible for CAT exam.For SC/ST candidates the percentage is 45 % in graduation. There is no age limitation for the candidates. Final year student are also eligible for CAT exam.

Pattern for CAT exam:-

1.Data Interpretation.
2.Quantitative Aptitude.
3.Logical Reasoning.
4.Verbal Ability.

Best books for CAT exam:-

1. TIME - Book for Quantitative Aptitude - Data Interpretation and Data Sufficiency
2. Siddhartha Balakrishnan - Mathematics for CAT
3. Theodor Seuss Geisel - The CAT in the HAT
4. Servash Verma - Quantum CAT
5. B S Sijwali - Analytical and Logical Reasoning
6. Sujit Kumar - Verbal Ability for CAT
7. Arun Sharma - How to prepare for CAT
8. Disha Publication - CAT Solved Papers as topic wise
9. Nishant K Sinha - The Pearson Guide to Quantitative Aptitude for CAT

For more details about CAT exam, you can visit to the official website http://www.catiim.in
13th April 2015, 10:39 PM
kunalroy89

NO that is not possible.Even if you score very high marks in M.Com you will not be eligible for CAT as the marks of Graduation decides the basic criteria of eligibility. As your marks are below 50% so you already know it is not enough for CAT.
But there is still hope.You can apply for MAT regardless of your marks in Graduation.You can succeed in MAT and complete your MBA even with marks less than 50% in Graduation.You might not get the topmost colleges as in CAT but MAT also provides good enough colleges for MBA.
14th April 2015, 06:51 PM
manojbadoniya
Senior Member+

Eligibility criteria required to apply for CAT - Common Admission Test 2015 :

A candidate must have completed bachelor's degree in any discipline from a recognized university.

Those candidates who are pursuing final year/semester of their graduation can also apply but must be passed with minimum 50% marks after getting completed the graduation course.

Candidates belonging to SC/ST category will get relaxation of 05% marks in graduation so that they just need only 45% marks in graduation to be eligible for CAT entrance test.

You have secured 49% marks so you are not eligible but if you belongs to SC/ST/PH category then you are eligible to apply for CAT entrance test.

If you think that you could be considered eligible after getting higher percentage marks in M.Com then you are not on right information because CAT requires only graduates not post graduates because CAT is also conducted to provide admission in PG course that is called MBA so they will not accept the scores of M.Com that is why you are not eligible.

You should apply for some other government jobs which you are eligible for, because there are many other reputed government jobs through which, you may secure your future easily because CAT is not the option for you now you need to change your stream and enter another field such as - Banking, Railway, SSC, UPSC, State PSC, Teaching Jobs, Postal Jobs, Insurance Jobs, Defense and Police jobs etc. so there are different options which may be chosen by you so select one and start preparation.
22nd July 2019, 10:40 AM
Unregistered

I am in the last year of Mcom, can i have to submit the document of first year Mcom?
16th July 2020, 10:48 AM
Unregistered

If I do bcom and then mcom and then appear for CAT... Is this appropriate or I should appear for CAT after bcom only?
16th July 2020, 10:50 AM
Unregistered

Should I appear for cat exam after mcom or just after bcom?
7th September 2021, 10:26 PM
Minal F

CAT Eligibility:-

Candidates must have a graduation degree with minimum 50%marks and for Reserved category 45%marks.

No Age limit for CAT.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?